• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Hyper-V issues - CPU cores/threads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
At work we have small test server with Server 2012R2 / Hyper-V and couple of VM and all was working fine for about 6-7 months. I'm not sure when but after some updates one of the VM is showing error and I can't find any way to turn it on using more than 1 CPU core/thread.

Host is working on 5820K so 12 threads in total. 3 VM are less important and had always 1 thread.
1 VM had 4 threads and was working like that for 2 months 24/7 but now it's impossible to turn it on as there is always error.
When I try to set new VM there is only 1 thread as an option in settings.

I can't find any info on MS sites about that error.
I also can't find info when this error had happened. 4-5 colleagues are using it too and I have no idea when or who accepted windows updates. +/- 2 months so searching in logs can take some time.

Maybe anyone has any ideas how to fix it ?

123.jpg

124.jpg

Edit:

Solved. Stupid windows update error. OS locked CPU at 1 core. Shutting down everything and restarting server helped.

Last edited:
Back