• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I <3 Microcenter!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lord Vader

Can't say enough good stuff about these guys. Here's my latest experience with them:

I started building a system back in early December and had bought a case and RAM. Had to shelf the build until late February due to the wife losing her job.

Had an unopened pack of RAM that I was unhappy with my purchase selection. I asked if I could exchange it for a different kind. NO PROBLEM!

Went in to get a motherboard and CPU. Employee was actually knowledgeable and showed my a $40 LESS EXPENSIVE motherboard with all the features I was looking in on another motherboard (same brand).

3. Was looking for a specific video card that NewEgg had for $40 less than Microcenter. Told the guy I wanted to purchase all my stuff at the same place and asked if they could match NewEgg's price. NO PROBLEM!

4. Was looking for a specific laser all-in-one printer that was listed as on sale and in stock on the website and they could not find it. They went and searched the warehouse high and low until they found it.

Everyone at the store is always courteous and helpful (sometimes uncomfortably so, lol). The worst part of the place is that they're so good, they're always really crowded!

That's great to hear. I have a local MC that opened about a year ago. I love going there!
The only drawback I've noticed in my store is that not all the employees in the PC component section are knowledgeable.

Where are you located?

That's great to hear. I have a local MC that opened about a year ago. I love going there!
The only drawback I've noticed in my store is that not all the employees in the PC component section are knowledgeable.

Where are you located?

Cincinnati

hey draka0tic! i see you joined... yeah the people at our MC aren't the best but there are some that know what they are talking about, for the most part the components section isn't too bad just one or 2 randoms(usually the girls) that get lost with more complex things...

the only part of the store to stay away from employees would be the laptop section those guys barely know anything and are only driven by sales

I love Microcenter too however I don't love how busy they are. My last visit was Tuesday at 2pm and they computer part section was packed! I try to take up the least amount of their time as possible.

Back