• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am considering an Intel CPU *gasp*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Another battle! :D

I allways find these fights really funny. While there are some objective people, some take it too seriously... I've had, and still have cpu's from both family's, and they have all served me well. The intel ones have overclocked better, but that's just because I chose the amd one badly...

I had a pIII 600@900 with stock voltage, unfortunatly my mobo could'nt do more. Then I had a pIII [email protected]. I also have a celeron 300a that is running on a server at 450 without a fan... My xp1600 won't do more then 1600mhz, but that's because it's one of the first ones released, and those steppings just did'nt have alot of headroom.

If I had to get a new setup right now, I think I would probably get one of the slower p4's, but once the slower t-bred b's come out, it could be a complete other story. A 1.5ghz t-bred a should do atleast 2.3ghz on air, possibly even 2.5! That will be a hell of an overclock for a 60$ processor!

Still, I don't understand the whole fuss. The diferances in performance are so small, that people should just take what they are comfortable with. At the end of the day, if you are not staring at benchmarks all the time, you won't really notice if you have a amd or intel processor...

Back