• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I crank the Voltage to 1.55 in BIOS, but cpuz and HWMonitor don't see it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ny_driver

Registered
Any ideas why that would be. I couldn't get it to quite boot @ 250 FSB x 11 = 2750mHz until I turned the voltage up to the highest mark 1.55v.
I know the cpu is good, I'm trying to compare this board to my AV8 I just switched from. 250-255 was as high as I could go on that board stable. Anyways back to the original question....why isn't the voltage increase recognized by the monitoring programs?EDIT CPU is only running at 31c right now too.

So CPuz and HWmonitor are not showing the voltage changes? Is the bios showing it?

Your CPU idle temps are mosly irrelevent, though you should see at least a slight change in temps with a significant voltage bump. ;)

The MSI Core center utility doesn't see the increase either....I'll go look in the bios. I don't think it really shows what it's running at, just the options maybe I'm wrong. EDIT: Naw, your right it does say. It's set to 1.55v, but it's running at 1.37v which is what cpuz and HW Monitor see, and the Core center utility too. Strange. I think I had to turn it up to like 1.4-1.425 on the AV8 to get it to run 2750mHz.

Last edited:
yeah, I'm not that much of a rookie:salute:

I just got it to boot to 2805mHz, by selecting the 5% over VID option. Now it's at 1.408 on CPUZ. Seems like CPUZ is working and there is something odd about the motherboard. I gtg out of town now, be back later. Thanks.

Back