• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I don't know how this happend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since Icebob switched to the devil, I guess I have to stick with the Saint :p

After I figure out my memory some more, I'll be doing another run.

If you keep the mixture a slushy you can get down to -78C, with my 980X my temps stay around -75 all the time, too much dice and you loose the ability to transfer the heat and your pot base heats up.

Nice run Dolk :)

The problem is that the Venom pot has a slit near the bottom, so it leaks :(

I need to get some of that arm flex wrap from King's site.

Hmm... I'm thinking my POT is not all that good now... Very small opening....

Attachments

• 2010-06-21 09.33.47.jpg
    2010-06-21 09.33.47.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
I owned a 2" pot (assuming you have a 2" pot b/c the usb stick used doesnt help much). It got down to a bit below -60C, and I benched at -55-60C. His issues stemmed from the pot being an LN2 pot and the excessive amount of DIce he had in there as mentioned above, I believe. Apples v. Oranges. Relax. :)

Snow dolk, snow.
It's worth it to spend some time crushing the dice into snow. You'll get temps more like -60 to -70 if you crush it into snow instead of having large chunks.

If you had fun that is all that matters.

Joe: that pot will let you do more than an air setup, so it can't be all bad. Good intro pot from my readings around on XS and here. Handful of people have used that design pot and think its a good one for the cheap. It is on my short list of options when I make the dive.

Your pot is fine Joe. It's built for Dice and will do great. Acetone level should be about 1/4-3/8" above the holes in the bottom, Use a long handled wooden spoon to drop in the Dice snow as needed. To stir it, just flip the spoon over and use the handle ;)

If you guys look at my GPU-Z, you can see that I'm running at X8, My PCI-E Frequency is already at 120mhz, is there something I'm missing that my cause it to not stay at x16?

Im still having a hard tim trying to figure out why raising the PCIe bus will suddenly make it run at 16x. Have you or anyone else done this before and actually saw it work and change to 16x?

Frankly, I just dont buy it. Link me up and teach me!

There was a thread about this a couple weeks ago... But I think it was in the private section.

Ok, link me. Im part of the benching team, which is where I thought I saw you mention this before....(and I just rolled with it).

EDIT: I mean is it just that the additional Mhz on the PCIe pipe will allow it to have the same bandwidth or something or does the link go to 16x???

I'm not part of the benching team.... So I don't have access to the Private room.

(I used to, but that was due to a glitch in the system)

What 'private section' is this? Is this a joke that Im not getting or something?

Come on Dolk, give up the info. :)

EDIT: meant to add a smiley up there. Im not P.O about this...just wondering if raising the PCIe changes the link speed to 16x or if its just nbanwidth that equals 16x, or if that thought is rubbish. :p

Last edited:
If you guys look at my GPU-Z, you can see that I'm running at X8, My PCI-E Frequency is already at 120mhz, is there something I'm missing that my cause it to not stay at x16?

In the box of your mobo, there's a little pci card, you need to put it in your slot #1 and put your card in slot #2. Your card will run at 16x that way, little odd from asus but that's the only way to get 16x with 1 card...

I'm not part of the benching team.... So I don't have access to the Private room.

(I used to, but that was due to a glitch in the system)

All you need to do to get on the team is submit a cpu-z or pcmark05 or am3 score 9/10 benches completed.....

In the box of your mobo, there's a little pci card, you need to put it in your slot #1 and put your card in slot #2. Your card will run at 16x that way, little odd from asus but that's the only way to get 16x with 1 card...

Thanks Ice

And Void, I'll try and do that soon. Summer life is to much fun atm :p

CPUz is nice and easy, do whatever you're posting from :D

I'd love to see some more 3d stuff from you, give Aquamark a whirl, i've heard it said that it is very CPU dependent, so your ~5ghz hex core ought to do well.
That 3d06 score is quite nice! Beats my post 3d score all to hell.

Back