• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I guess I'm out of luck with my Gigabyte 990FXA-D3...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
Uhm yeah, I'm either cursed or Gigabyte doesn't really care about their AMD customers...
A few things that bother me on this board:
CPU voltage - The default voltage of my CPU is 1,375, but it seems to be running at 1,392v.
POST -Doesn't show any info whatsoever, all it does is say "loading operating system", which is being displayed anyways, even if you don't press TAB using F4 BIOS.
F1 came with a bug, pressing tab will do the same thing, but it will also disable your keyboard input, which can only be fixed by restarting the PC.
NB temp: the NB heatsink feels like my old passively-cooled HD4550, it gets really hot (no idea about the actual temp) so now I have to find a small a*s fan for it.
No heatsink on the MOSFETs - means I'll have to buy small RAM heatsinks and try to figure out how to actually attach them.

Am I creating myself unexisting problems or did Gigabyte really fail on this one? :shrug:

Last edited:
CPU voltage that's fairly common.
POST is that way on the 990fxa-ud5 rev1.1 as well. It's annoying.

NB doesn't exactly run cool on the UD5 either, the UD3 probably should have had a larger heatsink.

IMO all mobos, especially anything "ultra durable" should have a mosfet heatsink :(

NB doesn't exactly run cool on the UD5 either, the UD3 probably should have had a larger heatsink.

IMO all mobos, especially anything "ultra durable" should have a mosfet heatsink :(
Just re-checked, turns out the keyboard bug is persisting in F4 too...
Looks like I'll have to download F5 beta BIOS and check it out
And yeah, they should of added a mosfet heatsink, especially when my motherboard has a 4+1 power design.
They've pre-drilled 2 holes for a heatsink, but I can't seem to find one that would actually fit.
4448.jpg

Contacted Gigabyte and let them know about our POST problem.
They obviously think I'm a total idiot:
"Dear Mario Angelov ,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. In order to answer your question properly, would you please kindly offer us more information / image about "Both of them can't even POST properly.." ?And do you overclock your system? We would appreciate your further information. Furthermore, please kindly inform us which kind of keyboard your used, PS/2 or USB keyboard? If you use PS/2 keyboard, we suggest you can first Load Optimized Default BIOS setting and try to test again."
Also told me to install USB 3.0 drivers... :facepalm:

Back