• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a dead dehumidifier...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I get maybe 3 inches of water after 2-21/2 hours, but my res is huge (8 gallons). So, is the evap. It's like 13x13"

My res is about 11x10x12 and the evap is 11x12. I also wanna get it recharged with 134a or 404a/507a if I can but I don't know where I can get it done... perhaps an autodealership because they deal with airconditioning?

What's yours now? R22?

If so, it won't be easy because they use different oil.

I thought 134a get's slightly colder than 22... anyway price is nothing because I'm doing the conversion for a yuppie kid who is getting a prescott and needs wants it as cold as possible.

I would just stick with R22 in all honesty. If price isn't a concern, then why doesn't he just get a Vapo LS?

The kid wants to cool his cpu, gpu andnorthbriddge. With a vapochill/promethia he can't and I don't feel like modifying it for dual evap. Plus the chiller is "Cooler" than phase change.

sounds like you need to increase the evap warming with more water flow that should have the gas back to a vaper the hissing sound sounds like also you need to increase the fan flow to cool it off faster but you could of cooked the pump who knows unless someone is there can listen to it

Back