• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have sinned [and I am a n00b]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok good your I7 290 must be hella fast :p

Like the old joke.

Man1 asks man2 if his dog bites. The man2 say nope. Reaching to pet the dog. It bites man1.
Man1 says, but you told me your dog don't bite. Man2 replies. That is not my dog.
:beer:

The machine is fast. I got a 15 second 1meg Pi time on it. Fallout 3 which my wife let me install on it. Is set to the highest settings.

I do play around on it and stuff. I just have to remind myself. The machine is for my wife not me. So I have respect for how I use it,

Like the old joke.

Man1 asks man2 if his dog bites. The man2 say nope. Reaching to pet the dog. It bites man1.
Man1 says, but you told me your dog don't bite. Man2 replies. That is not my dog.
:beer:

The machine is fast. I got a 15 second 1meg Pi time on it. Fallout 3 which my wife let me install on it. Is set to the highest settings.

I do play around on it and stuff. I just have to remind myself. The machine is for my wife not me. So I have respect for how I use it,

So, when can we expect the DI and LN2 runs?

Why ice it up? First off it is stock. And prolly will stay that way. Second the OEM machine does not belong to me per se. :D

When I build mine. Then we can have some fun making it cry. Since my wife hasn't been using the small AMD as much. I been torturing that thing. Once I am happy when it says uncle. I am going to convert it to a media box.

[tongue in cheek]

I bought this machine for my wife's birthday with my money. It is not my gift to abuse.

Trust me. It is tempting to pad mod it. It is tempting to dig in a make the machine cry.

When I use the machine. It is like borrowing a loved one's possession... Oh wait it is borrowing a loved one's possession. It is far from a rental car. It belongs to me in the sense the wife and I share our capital expenses and I (we) paid for it.

[/tongue in cheek]

In all serious... The whole time the wife and I been married. I have always had the better computer. This birthday, I wanted her to have the better computer for a change. It touched her very much.

Back