• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help overclocking AMD FX 6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MAXHAMPTON

This is my first overclock and as you can see in the pics I managed to overclock to 20.0 and Its stable. But If I try to do more like 20.5, 21, 21.5 or 22 the problems appears like the blue screens or the computer freezing so I want to know If I can do something else than changing the CPU Ratio. Also there is no option to change the CPU Voltage mode to manual Its stuck in the offset mode.

oGKwyN3.jpg
fU7IqV1.jpg
7ndbKGT.jpg
7ndbKGT.jpg

You increase to positive offset. Offset adding to original voltage.

So + 0.1v would run the cpu at 1.31v and so forth.

You'd want to keep temps as low as possible. Try to keep it 60c or lower at load. Max is 70c.

Somehow it makes me happy to see old BIOS like that vs UEFI (though UEFI is easier to use I'll admit).

Does changing "extreme OV" to enabled allow you to adjust that? Right now CPU Offset Voltage is set to Auto, what are the other options? Maybe google up some old reviews for overclocking tips.

Spread spectrum should be disabled. The extreme overvoltage is a setting we all could use. EMI regulator.

What are you cooling the Cpu with? What did you do to check if the system was stable? What were your temps under load when "stable"? Can you list the specs of the rest of the system please. How much ram? What speed are you running etc.....

You increase to positive offset. Offset adding to original voltage.

So + 0.1v would run the cpu at 1.31v and so forth.

You'd want to keep temps as low as possible. Try to keep it 60c or lower at load. Max is 70c.

Thanks for the explanation, I made It stable on 21 adding 0.05v.

I think I could go with 22 adding 0.1v but when I tried 21 with 0.1v the temperatures where around 65c so I guess with 22 would be even worse.

Is there a big difference between 4200mhz (21) and 4400mhz (22)?? Because maybe I could try adding 0.6v, 0.7v and so to see If I get 22 stable with good temperatures.

Somehow it makes me happy to see old BIOS like that vs UEFI (though UEFI is easier to use I'll admit).

Does changing "extreme OV" to enabled allow you to adjust that? Right now CPU Offset Voltage is set to Auto, what are the other options? Maybe google up some old reviews for overclocking tips.
Spread spectrum should be disabled. The extreme overvoltage is a setting we all could use. EMI regulator.

"Extreme OV" discription says Its disabled to protect cpu not been burned by over voltage, so.. I dont want to touch that :D

What are you cooling the Cpu with? What did you do to check if the system was stable? What were your temps under load when "stable"? Can you list the specs of the rest of the system please. How much ram? What speed are you running etc.....

I just play Forza Horizon 4 for 3 or 4 hours to see if the system is stable and with 21 and 0.5v I get 50c while playing.
Look I'm new at this I dont know other way to do It hahah

The cooling are just the stock fans and a big one in front of It.

I'm overclocking the CPU because It's bottlenecking my gtx1060 3gb. I have 16gb of ram and Im not sure what you mean with the last question but the CPU stock speed is 3.3ghz

You're welcome.

The faster that FX goes the better off it will be.

100mhz isnt worth the heat. 200mhz maybe.
If you can adjust case air flow or find a way to significantly lower temps, your near the thermal limit already.

4.1ghz on stock cooler is a decent clock. Nice job.

Do this, Download Hwmonitor and Cpu-Z. open Cpu-z and post screen shots of the following tabs in it. Cpu, Spd and Memory. Then while playing Forza have Hwmonitor open so we can see the temps. Using Forza isn't really a stability tool but, if that's all you need it to be stable for, then it will suffice.

Back