• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Need Help with timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Ok Every time I look @ the SPD table of CPUZ this bugs me .
What Is TRC timings ? and where do I find it .

If you look in Memtweak I can not find any thing called TRC I also can not find any timing set @ 41 ...

the other question is see the other timing I have circled 278 seams like a very big number . I have not tested with memtest yet but when benching with AIDA64 I have dropped that timing as low as 130 with out problems (where should it be?).

Attachments

• timings.png
    timings.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 97
for your first question....

-Row Cycle Time (tRC).
Determines the minimum number of clock cycles a memory row takes to
complete a full cycle, from row activation up to the precharging of
the active row. For optimal performance, use the lowest value you can,
according to the tRC = tRAS + tRP formula. For example:
if your memory module's tRAS is 7 clock cycles and its tRP is 4 clock cycles,
then the row cycle time or tRC should be 11 clock cycles.

TRC is not available on new Intel platforms that's why you can't see it. However if you can edit your memory's SPD then you can change it. It probably won't help you much.
TRFC for new memory modules is higher as density of memory is higher. Simply you could set 2400 memory clock with 110-120 tRFC on PSC or older Elpida 2GB modules. Most 4-8GB sticks need 200+, often 300+ if it's 2400+ memory kit.
Lower is better but you may have to raise it if you wish to set higher memory clock.

Back