• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some help deciding on how to cool my 3.0E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t_bird

I have just purchased a 3.0E and i want to overclock it but i have heard they run really hot. i would like to get a watercooling system but that is out of the queston for right now. does anybody have any good ideas for me?

woohoo, a free post :) ThermalRight SP-97 and a vantec tornado (92mm) is the best air cooling, for a quieter option, get a 92mm fan you like and a rheostat (fan controller). Welcome to the forums, and for future reference, use the search function (thats what its there for)

SewerBeing said:
woohoo, a free post :) ThermalRight SP-97 and a vantec tornado (92mm) is the best air cooling, for a quieter option, get a 92mm fan you like and a rheostat (fan controller). Welcome to the forums, and for future reference, use the search function (thats what its there for)

you mean a ThermalRight SP-94...its an Intel chip ;) also, ive heard a very good setup is that heatsink with a 80mm or 92mm Tornado fan (depending on whether you fancy pressure - 80mm - or cfm - 92mm -) on a rheostat or 7volt modded (permanent). if its on a rheostat, you can turn it up for benchies and down for normal use. do this or get a 80mm or 92mm fan of your choice (i prefer panaflo personally).

yea the sp 94 is a bit expensive, you may be able to pick up a 948 or something for a little cheaper

Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu full speed with a 92mm duct from side of case with some INSANELY powerful fan on it!!!

I get 3.6 out of my 2.8E without a duct and without INSANELY powerful fan.

When I run it at 3.6 to show off, Runs at 49 degrees idle and 75 degrees full load. That's at 1.5125V and my TWINX-3200 running at 5:4. I wouldn't want to run it at that all the time although I had it at this for about 6 weeks no probs.

For everyday use, I run it at 3.08GHz with my RAM at 1:1 and at 1.4125V. The temps are 46 degrees idle and about 61 degrees full load.

I HIGHLY recommend watercooling for prescotts but your next best bet is my Zalman :)

True. They require quite a loud fan to force the air between those tight fins. You could get a 120mm fan and a shroud sort of thing and that would be nice :)

Back