• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some help with my fan setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burana

Hello!

I just got my new computer, and now I wonder how I do with the cooling. I'm an average user who enjoy playing FPS games when not on the internet. Bought this computer mostly to be able to play BF1 and COD WW2 :thup:
No overclocking or other HC stuff. I play in 1080p 1920x1080.

Setup:
Intel Core i5 7600k Kaby Lake | Phanteks TC12LS processor cooler
ASUS Prime H270-Plus
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX OC 8GB
16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz
Corsair 750 RMx

The case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic, and it came with 2x 140mm "PH-F140SP" pre installed. Are these static pressure fans or not? I get confused by Phanteks website as it mentions static pressure in many product descriptions.

Anyway this is how it looks:

22292138_10155121554527972_1153548221_o.jpg

As you can see there's nothing blocking the intake fan as the HDD are hidden in the bottom.

Phanteks own air flow scheme of the case:

12.jpg

I got these temperatures when I played Battlefield 1 (campain) at Ultra settings:
(used OpenHardwareMonitor and RealTemp)

CPU: 40-45°
CPU MAX: 58°

GPU: 50-55°
GPU MAX: 57°

When I'm idling the temperatures are:

CPU: 33-35°
GPU: 41-43°

I wondered if it would be enough to get 1 more 140mm in the front for intake, and 1x140mm in the top for exhaust? Or do I even have to get more fans? Should I place them differently?

I'm very thankful for inputs! :)

Temps look fine to me... I wouldn't change a thing... no more fans, don't change oreintation.

Temps look fine to me... I wouldn't change a thing... no more fans, don't change oreintation.
But couldn't it be possible that in the way this type of GPU spreads heat inside the chassi, that MOBO and other things get overheated? Why do people get so many fans in their computers if my 2 pieces are enough :D

I could of course try to check the temps when CPU+GPU working 100%, this wasn't the case when playing BF1...

As EarthDog said, you're fine. Your temps are good, your current setup is performing as it should. Be sure to blow the dust out occasionally as it will act as insulation wherever it settles which would cause heat to buildup. All in all, nice set up. Welcome to OCF! :welcome:

Everything about the fans looks like it should be to me. Usually, people install lots of fans in systems that are highly overclocked and that have multiple hot running video cards. Others do it because they are OCD.

Hi guys! Know you all said I don't need any more fans :D But here I'm sitting again, wondering...

What if I would get 1 more fan in the front for intake, the same model which I have now (PH-F140SP) Just for fun if for nothing else! Since there is still one CHA-FAN free to use on the motherboard.

The glass panel feels a bit warm when I play, right where the GPU is, and when I tried playing with the side glass removed I got the impression that it took longer for the GPU fans to start spinning. Doesn't that mean that it stayed cooler longer? And perhaps that it doesn't get enough fresh air into the case?

Thankful as always for answers!

Thanks for reply! I read this in the sticky:
In general, you want to have a NET POSITIVE pressure in your chassis. If you know all the CFM of the fans, then the math is easy, just be sure the intakes is roughly 50CFM more than exhausts, and you be golden.
Now I have one intake, one exhaust. I assume the CPU&GPU fans don't add to these. Wouldn't I achieve this net result nicely with one more 140mm for intake? :)

Positive or negative doesnt matter much... positive keels a bit more dust out of the case as it doesnt have a chance to come through the cracks (not a big deal).

Getting another fan wont hurt anything.

Enjoy.

Took a closer look at the fans and noticed that the blades have only 7 wings. The "PH-F140SP" should have 9 wings. This means that the two 140mm in my case is actually PH-F140MP which is a radiator fan?

This makes no sense to me as you would want static pressure fans if there's obstacles like radiators and HDD's. Ok there's the dust filter in the front but otherwise I don't understand why one would not install air flow fans in a case like this, especially when it's the SP model in the case's specs?

.... or do it really matter? The CFM of the MP fans are 68.1.

Ok. I will then order another PH-F140MP and put it in the front below the other one. They did'nt even sell white ones of the PH-F140SP in my country so that solved it if nothing else did :D

Installed another PH-F140MP

23146439_10155186779267972_46853386_n.jpg

old results:

I got these temperatures when I played Battlefield 1 (campain) at Ultra settings:
(used OpenHardwareMonitor and RealTemp)

CPU: 40-45° n
CPU MAX: 58°

GPU MAX: 57°

CPU: 33-35°
GPU: 41-43°

new results:

CPU: 40-45°
CPU MAX: 55° ˇ

GPU MAX: 56° ˇ

CPU: 32-33° ˇ
GPU: 36-37° ˇ

I also checked the HDD temperature (which is hidden in the bottom of the case) with just 1x 140mm intake, and the temperature was 32°.
After I installed the second fan the temperature is 26°. I guess much more air gets there now.

I'm pleased with this. :salute:

Back