• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need you guys to put me a rig together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andy82

OK well my brother is going off to college in about 5 weeks or so and in that time i need to build him a computer, it doesnt have to be anything specail but fairly cheap but good, he isnt going to be doing that much gaming i dont think at the most he would play like madden or something but he doesnt game that much. I think even like a biostar mobo that has onboard video would be fine for him. But give me some ideas. Thanks

a shuttle pc with a small mobo a mobile 2500 amd 512 ram, a 17 incher monitor.... whatever harddrive.....or go intel with an intel mobo and have built in video and sound...

well how much are shuttles i dont want to spend a lot at all but i cant really tell you a price range, just not a lot of money.

shuttles are hella small and they look like gamecubes on steroids. maybe a tad bigger than a gamecube. they only have 1 or 2 pci slots and mainly just use their onboard video. they have the onboard intel extremes with 32mb so they arent too bad but definitely not an upgradable system by any means. i say build a cheapo computer with the cpu and stuff suntzu was saying. www.compgeeks.com has a nice refurb starter kit so have fun. :D

Back