• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need your help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spliffstarr

Registered
I think I have tried everything i am open to advice from you guys. I will start by going into some detail about the problem that I am having. I am constantly getting random crashes and no matter what i do i cannot seem to stabilize my system. To start of i am not having temperature or overheating issues. My temps never exceed 60 degrees Celsius for the package temp. I suffer these crashes even if i run at stock with everything set to auto it still crashes. I have my ram running at 1600mhz with my timings at 9–9–9 25 40 and even 1333mhz with the timings set to auto. I am not sure if my voltage settings aren't right so i am open to advice I do have llc set to ultra and not extreme. My specs are in my signature below. I please help me!

We'll need a bit more info. Can you post some CPUz and HWmonitor pics. Wanna see what's going on with the ram timings and how many sticks is it 2 or 4. How old is your PSU.

We'll need a bit more info. Can you post some CPUz and HWmonitor pics. Wanna see what's going on with the ram timings and how many sticks is it 2 or 4. How old is your PSU.

Sounds like a weak PSU, details on it (make and model) following the hwmonitor pics would be great. A picture of your pc health (with volts) in bios would also be good for comparison.

Please don't just give us the listed wattage of your PSU, there are 2lb 700 watt ones out there that couldn't power a DVD drive right and 5 pound 400 watt ones that will do SLI or crossfire :D

I have an enermax revolution 1050watt the psu and 4 sticks of G. SKILL Ripjaw 12800cl9d 1600mhz ram. My system is so unstable that it will probably crash before i could get screen shots.

boot into safemode and see if that's stable, nice psu btw.

might try leaving timings at auto but backing off from the 1600mhz a bit. GSkill can be quite finicky at "specd" speeds.

I tried my best not to skimp on my parts so that I wouldn't have any problems. Unfortunately I have had nothing but trouble regardless. I am running windows 8 Btw.

*bummer on the windows 8... All I can say is, yeah, no name brands work, the question is for how long...* EDIT wrong thread in my head

Last edited:
1. We need to see this. HWMonitor is shown with it having been OPEN on the desktop logging Min/Max Voltages and Temps. All green stuffs in bios should be off so the cpu is not dropping Mhz when idling.
A good post showing 3 cpuz and HWMonitor. We can read these images very well.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7248817&postcount=16

2. I read your first post carefully and it sounds like you need to set LLC Extreme and also you likely are not giving enough voltage to the cpu. I say this because of ALL the symptoms you gave.
RGone...

1. We need to see this. HWMonitor is shown with it having been OPEN on the desktop logging Min/Max Voltages and Temps. All green stuffs in bios should be off so the cpu is not dropping Mhz when idling.
A good post showing 3 cpuz and HWMonitor. We can read these images very well.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7248817&postcount=16

2. I read your first post carefully and it sounds like you need to set LLC Extreme and also you likely are not giving enough voltage to the cpu. I say this because of ALL the symptoms you gave.
RGone...

God between this and another thread, I lost track of who had good voltage. Yeah man, screen shots with voltages! or simply increase cpu voltage a couple hairs and try that out

Back