• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I overclocked my 950 to 4 GHZ... Comments needed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ran Memtest 86+ from a bootable USB drive. Memory A-OK. SO that's not the issue.
I got a page fault running Prime95 a few hours ago. Here's the video:

(The blue screen was not recorded. I stopped filming. 2 seconds later, blue screen, then I start filming again and stitch both clips together)

The blue screen said something like BCC? error 50 page fault in non paged data. I looked it up. It's either faulty ram (eliminated that possibility) or it can also be caused by antivirus programs. So I removed kaspersky and ASUS AI suite.
We'll see what that does...

Currently this setup is 3ish Hrs Blend stable. But I don't like that. 6 minimum would make me happy. 12'd be better.

Last edited:
You need more CPU VTT... also know to Asus users as QPI/DRAM Core Voltage. Set it to 1.3-1.325V, then try testing. If you made it that long, it's probably close. Try 1.3V first. Run IBT for 10-20 passes... it's much faster than Prime. If IBT passes, then you can run Prime if you feel the need.

You need more CPU VTT... also know to Asus users as QPI/DRAM Core Voltage. Set it to 1.3-1.325V, then try testing. If you made it that long, it's probably close. Try 1.3V first. Run IBT for 10-20 passes... it's much faster than Prime. If IBT passes, then you can run Prime if you feel the need.

Please give me the link for the IBT program :santa::santa: I will make the voltage increase you suggest. :)

K something went wrong when I installed a program (FSX) that forced DX9.0c install last night. Despite putting DX11 from the newest redist on over top, things are choppy- like this video. FSX itself was super choppy till I put 11 over top again so something went wrong there. I will be re installing W7 so I will be away " " most of the day while I reconfig. See you guys tonight. Cross your fingers for me.

Cheers.

OCN

Its all trial and error. You need to adjust one thing at a time, see if it creates stability. If not, go back and change something else. Youll probably either need more vcore OR more QPI (or maybe a little of both).

Its all trial and error. You need to adjust one thing at a time, see if it creates stability. If not, go back and change something else. Youll probably either need more vcore OR more QPI (or maybe a little of both).

OKOC.jpg

Back in business.

Is 103Mhz PCI Express bus safe?

It's only 3 extra Mhz and it appears to have made a stability difference. I farted around with this all night long...

Looks good man:thup:

Additional PCIe frequency will help stabilize higher Bclk. Usually not needed if you're pushing less than 220 or so.

Looks good man:thup:

Additional PCIe frequency will help stabilize higher Bclk. Usually not needed if you're pushing less than 220 or so.

I got a bluescreen after that---- but not in burntest--- it was in the forum afterwords with nothing running. :rofl:

BCcode 3b

Upped voltage from 1.315 to 1.33

no loadline calibration... now rechecking

Re: your other thread... some R3F have fussy dimm slots where the Ram is sometimes not reconized properly I've run into that problem sometimes with my board as well. You should consider installing AI suite it will give you actual voltage readings while running your board and you can tweak change voltages from windows as well.

R3F Rosetta 8 threads load:
i79203938B02440GHzload.png

K I think we're locked down here.

190x21 is solid. 66ish under torture and <60 when gaming @ 4Ghz seems quite good to me. I'm at 1.33V on the CPU. Got 24079 on 3Dmark06. My old system was a 12000 pointer so that's not bad. I expected higher. I guess it's because it's a DX9 app.

I got decent (20s) framerates for the complex water scenes in 3dmark 11 so I'm good with it for now. I'm adding another 6870 at some point.

realtime apps like that are only good for benching and even then not that great.. evga ELEET is nifty for running a quick superpi w/o upping my bios for a 4.3oc when i usually live at 4..still only in the mid/upper 9s though =(

even then not that great..

Yes they are primarily for benching, but I would highly disagree on the "not that great" statement:p Most chips will bench MUCH higher than they can boot windows.
As in boot at 4.7 and bench at 5.3. Without software Overclocking (SetFSB, Eleet, Easytune, TurboV, etc...) there would be a lot left on the table.

I like to use BIOS as my primary means for overclocking but I also like using Turbo V/ELeet/ET6... the R3F has voltage read points that you can use with a DMM but I still like to being able to read voltages in Windows via "Sensor". BTW this board can exhibit a fair amount of qpi/dram (vtt) droop but it also has a jumper to enable vtt LLC if you so desire.

I like to use BIOS as my primary means for overclocking but I also like using Turbo V/ELeet/ET6... the R3F has voltage read points that you can use with a DMM but I still like to being able to read voltages in Windows via "Sensor". BTW this board can exhibit a fair amount of qpi/dram (vtt) droop but it also has a jumper to enable vtt LLC if you so desire.

I was under the impression that said VTT LLC jumper was set to enabled by default when I read the manual.

I picked up mine as a "bare" board from a bencher over at XS Forums back in Sept. I had no manual or accessories but after looking it up on line tonight it does say that enabled is the default setting. I've been running it disabled.

Back