• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I purchased a Loop for sale :S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipesto93

I purchased a USED Loop for sale :S

(update) new questions i have:
exactly what waterblock is included? there are lots of ek-supreme models ?
should i also cool my NB as it already has a water block built in

i purchased a loop on another forum, and now im wondering if it was the right choice or not.
I had a megahalem and want to get into cooling and i saw this for really cheap.
it cost me 85 pounds
.. for those in the USA...this is
  • Just under the price of Two megahalems
  • The price of one and a half Corsair h50J
( i hope that will help people abroad put the cost of the loop into context)

The seller is very experienced and defiantly know what he is doing and is very helpful. I just want to ask around too see if i made the right choise and if any parts need changing or anything?

what do you think? ( i have ever been near WC before)
also it will be in an antec 1200.

here is the description
EK Supreme: With clear and black acetal top, can be mounted on 775, 1156 and 1366, amazing block.

Corsair Laing D4: Bit noisy, but has very good flowrate and plenty of head, comes with sleeved cable. (used 1.5years)

Swiftech Micro-Res V2: Has some stains on the inside, overall good condition, comes with mounting equipment.

XPSC RS240: Some bent fins and scratches, still cools very well and makes a great reservoir for fitting in most cases, will come with 2 sleeved Zalman ZM-F3 fans!

3/8" ID - 1/2" OD Tubing: Grey/UV Blue, Feser made, very good quality, about 2m worth cut into segments.

Collection of Phobya Compression fittings: Nickel and Silver, 4 x 45 degree, 4 x straight, some scratches from wrench, fits above tubing

and here are the images: ( the images on the sale)(not in my pc)
uDscn.jpg

1wb1B.jpg

Last edited:
also one last quick question....do i have to use the res or can the radiator act as the res?
thanks!

£85 for a loop is a good buy!!, my first cpu only loop cost me £170

i just brought a 2nd loop from this forums classifieds for £130 (i had to pay $70 postage because of the big rad, still got a good deal)

so for £85 you got a good deal :)

and it will perform alot better then a h5o :)

i dont think you can use that radiator as a res, if you want to save space, yyou can use a T line insted

Last edited:
Well, not sure so that will be much better than your current air cooler. Those i7 920's with HT on put out some serious heat. A dual 120mm rad is about the minimum I would go for a HT enabled chip like the 920.

ok cool!
the reason why i was asking is because i wanted to keep as much of the loop outside the as possible because of the risk of leaking.

so what is the chance of the res leking? and can it be mounted externally?

thanks!

Everything minus your block can be mounted externally. Sometimes you just need to get creative.

am i right in thinking i can use a gutted 120mm fan, to mount the rad to the back of the case? i dont want to purchase that rad box? for like 20 pounds :santa:

Last edited:
£85 for a loop is a good buy!!, my first cpu only loop cost me £170

i just brought a 2nd loop from this forums classifieds for £130 (i had to pay $70 postage because of the big rad, still got a good deal)

so for £85 you got a good deal :)

and it will perform alot better then a h5o :)

i dont think you can use that radiator as a res, if you want to save space, yyou can use a T line insted

Well, not sure so that will be much better than your current air cooler. Those i7 920's with HT on put out some serious heat. A dual 120mm rad is about the minimum I would go for a HT enabled chip like the 920.

It was my loop :)

And yes I was using a 4x120mm rad for i7 and a 4890. Both OCed. I was also using ultra kaze 3K fans.... great temp control :)

I think 240 can handle an i7 if you are not pushing it really hard. It will definitely be quieter than an air cooler.

Looks good to me, I paid £200-300 for my loop in the UK so you got a steal :D
I also have the 1200, and have mounted the Rad on the back with this http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=829
Handles my quad rad fine and leaves some spacing for cables etc. I got a EK 250ml reservoir fitted above the motherboard with the top 5.25" bay empty for space for the tubing to curve without kinking.

ah cool

am i right in thinking i can use a gutted-out 120mm fan, to mount the rad to the back of the case? i dont want to purchase that rad box? for like 20 pounds :santa:

I used a gutted 120mm fan to mount ther rad to the back of my case :)

if you want a pic, let me know

could anyone tell me what block this is? i cant tell what it is on the ek supreme website
thanks

Back