• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I see diamond are back to compete Against NV and ATi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
more competition the better.

there's actually one diamond card in one of my parents' company's office computers.

I hope they come out with something good so we can have lower prices overall.

Competing against nVidia and ATi? They're actually going to be making nVidia and ATi-based cards, no competition here.

Just a further note, no one's actually "back" here. It's just the name that's back, that's all. Kind of like Hercules. I believe that the old Diamond went into the toilet after merging with S3 and making only S3-based cards.

yeah, they gonna be releasing cards based on both nivida and ati gpu.

Nvidia needs to step up to the plate. There entire FX line are crap.

snyper1982 said:
now they arent crap. they do make nice paper weights.

I hear those cow nipples are nice paper weights also! :D

But yeah, this Diamond coming back thing is really no big deal. Yet another ATI/nVidia manufacturer. Should be no big deal unless they offer some kick *** heatsinks with their cards or something.

Phoenix87 said:
My diamond viper + vodoo2 = l33t back in the day.

IIRC, back in those days the Viper name was used for nVidia cards only, wasn't that the case? I think that the Diamond cards that used the Voodoo chipset were the Monsters.

The voodoo 1 and 2 were only a 3d add on card. They ruled for several years. The vipers would do both 2d and 3d, but nothing compaired to adding a voodoo card. Of course that's all anchient history.

Back