• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think might try Intel.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would get that, but wheres the VGA output on that thing? I'm used to having that onboard the mobo. My guess is I'm going to need a separate PCI card for that?

what is the difference between the 43 chipset and 35. What will it do for you?

well P43 i would consider P35 now just smaller die. No ocing cpu fsb walls anymore like what P35. I would really take P43 over P35 for someone needing cheap ocing and no raid. if you need raid then really look at the P5Q board at $139 it has ICH10R single PCIE 2.0slot with 8phase pwm. right now for P45, IMO P5Q is the best bang for your buck..

What is the wall on the p35

there is no longer a wall on P43/P45. the cpu fsb is the point at which no matter how much voltage you give it or change the multi to, it just will not boot. As you may have been reading many talk about fsb walls on 45nm quads. intel stated a while back there is no longer fsb walls when ocing on the 4series chipsets.

For instance just say you have a 45nm quad core now running on P35. you fsb wall that you cant get past no matter what is 470. now put that same 45nm quad into P45 and no more fsb wall.

there is no longer a wall on P43/P45. the cpu fsb is the point at which no matter how much voltage you give it or change the multi to, it just will not boot. As you may have been reading many talk about fsb walls on 45nm quads. intel stated a while back there is no longer fsb walls when ocing on the 4series chipsets.

For instance just say you have a 45nm quad core now running on P35. you fsb wall that you cant get past no matter what is 470. now put that same 45nm quad into P45 and no more fsb wall.
sweet do you think peeple need p45 my GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L ive clocked 500fsb :santa:

Last edited:
sweet do you think peeple need p45 my GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L ive clocked 500fsb :santa:

some how missed this post, i dont think people need it. will want to consider it though.. P45 is cheaper then comparble P35 boards, i mean P5Q for $139 sv $189 for the Abit IP35-Pro. i would tend to think people will go with P45 because it is cheaper.

either set will do, they just looked liked they changed the Heatspreader on them. im a little confused on why you think you need ram that fast.

some how missed this post, i dont think people need it. will want to consider it though.. P45 is cheaper then comparble P35 boards, i mean P5Q for $139 sv $189 for the Abit IP35-Pro. i would tend to think people will go with P45 because it is cheaper.
What do you think of the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R

Here is your ram.
Link
Those are as fast as you can hope your chip can take you.

For a cooler go with the Xigmak S-1283. Performance close to the TRUE for about half the price and you still have the flexibility of adding the fan of your choice. I always hesitate to recomment a HS with a fan that cannot be easily changed. Stay away from Zalman. They have become overpriced, poor performers, and lost the one trait they made their name on; quietness.

What do you think of the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R

dosnt look bad but for the price i would take the Asus P5Q-pro. both have 2 pcie 2.0 slots, EP45DS3R, has a what looks like 7 phase pwm vs P5Q-pro 8 phase. i say looks like because they seem to now be using 4 regs per choke for a phase. i guess you could call it 8 phase on that point, but i wouldnt. its gonna be a solid board and competion for Asus's P5Q-Pro. with both beign the same price, which brand would you prefer?

Back