• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory is being maxed out... (server mobo).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Server parts aren't inherently more stable than desktop parts, fyi.

Yeah no I meant the general motivation for such a market (sever components vs. the general market) but either way; I've learned my lesson that not every bios is equal (I always assumed most had ram "tweaking" options).

That is not to say I will not be getting another two sticks should they drop further in price (however stupid that may sound lol!).:D

UPDATE:

Hey guys just thought I'd let you know I put the ram in an older build with an Intel i760 cpu (an i5 LGA 1156 cpu) and an Asus P7P55D-E Pro mobo that has XMP capability just to confirm that the ram is capable of what it can do under XMP (for anyone interested).

Edit: So yeah, it had no trouble holding XMP even on the older build so I'd highly recommend this brand (like I said never tried their RAM before). Noticed a few second difference in boot speed as well over the older 1600MHz RAM.

These are the numbers:

Memory.jpg SPD.jpg 20150510_163920.jpg 20150510_163927.jpg

Last edited:
Back