• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to overclock my CPU, but I don't know If I can! (noob here)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it were not for the people buying OEMs for their personal use, we would not have any cpus to employ in our hobby. No cpu manufacturer would base their livelihood on 2% or less of all computer users buying a cpu to overclock.
RGone...

musky, if you intend to do any kind of serious overclocking you need to choose components from the ground up to support the power and heat demands that will ensue from overclocking: CPU cooler, PSU, Case and fans, motherboard, memory all have to be up to it.

I'm new to building and over clocking as well. These guys have helped me alot and doing the research for parts building the working on over clocking your parts is more fun to me than most of my games I have.

I'm new to building and over clocking as well. These guys have helped me alot and doing the research for parts building the working on over clocking your parts is more fun to me than most of my games I have.

I find tinkering more fun than actually using my computers. I am lucky that my friend is an electronics recycler. I also buy lots from Newegg and eBay. You bought good parts your first shot. Most people come on here and have a good processor and a weak board it seems.

Last edited:
Yea I was doing all kinds of research on different parts before finally buying mine. And for it being a budget build it works awesome

Back