• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I will never buy an ASUS board again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CordialSpam said:
Bad news, I had an argument with them for a little while and tried to talk to their supervisor, but it does not work..they just refuse to replace/repair it for free, they just want my $40 bad. So I hung up and I let my cousin talk to them.(2nd call and he's a REALLY REALLY good at arguing). It still does not work..they need the CPU socket to be fixed to able to test it to see the problem I had...and blah blah blah...ok I was like..screw this..I'll pay them $40 and will never buy an ASUS board in the future period.

edit: they said the CPU pin can be damaged by not pulling the CPU out correctly...

I ended up paying the 40.00 aswell. And that last part, I don't understand how it could happen. Asus tech support are ********!

i will write them an email saying because of what happend with RM #EK594318. i will never buy a asus motherboard. I will add in that i build systems for other people all the time and end up spending atleast $7000 a year on buying computer parts (for other client builds, as well as myself)

with your permission only, ofcourse.. i hate seeing people get screwed. make sure you write a bad reivew on every forum you can think of

EvilCloudStrife said:
i will write them an email saying because of what happend with RM #EK594318. i will never buy a asus motherboard. I will add in that i build systems for other people all the time and end up spending atleast $7000 a year on buying computer parts (for other client builds, as well as myself)

with your permission only, ofcourse.. i hate seeing people get screwed. make sure you write a bad reivew on every forum you can think of

Yes go ahead if you want to write them that, and if everyone else wants to free feel to do so :p

Yea..I'm about to fax them my credit card information..today..

Email them a link to this thread. Be sure to make them aware that there are just under 60,000 registered members here, thats a lot of potential lack of customers.

Just my 2 cents.

I'd call them a last time, and see if you could get the phone number of a marketing /sales rep for ur area. This could be totally separate from a supervisor at the repair facility. Or maybe a marketing guy at the corporate headquarters for the US/NA.

They have to supply the person/dept you're looking for, or tell you how to find 'em. Go over their heads and make some noise.

Or at least work as hard as ur willing to go thru, for 40 bucks.

Maybe post the email addy here, & in the vendor section, of the guy who's screwing you over, & let some of us send our thoughts to him concerning their policies.

Strat

Stratcat said:
I'd call them a last time, and see if you could get the phone number of a marketing /sales rep for ur area. This could be totally separate from a supervisor at the repair facility. Or maybe a marketing guy at the corporate headquarters for the US/NA.

They have to supply the person/dept you're looking for, or tell you how to find 'em. Go over their heads and make some noise.

Or at least work as hard as ur willing to go thru, for 40 bucks.

Maybe post the email addy here, & in the vendor section, of the guy who's screwing you over, & let some of us send our thoughts to him concerning their policies.

Strat

I don't think calling them again woud make a difference..I talked to like 4 different people and they all said they will not replaced the motherboard for free..need to pay $40 and all other excuses ....and I don't really feel like calling them again...I already gave up on ASUS....but thanks for the suggestion tho..this might work but I just don't feel like spending another hr on them..

I believe Intel is getting worse and worse day by day. Doubling the micron technology is not sufficient in 18 months according to Moore's law! Mobile phones are rushing behind Intel 4 times the development in 18 months for their products. 18 moths ago we have only VGA capable cameras but now we have 2MP cameras. (5MP ones on the way.) Their processor power is approximately 200MHz because of MP3 playback capability. If they go like that they may catch Intel in 10~15 years. They have no HDD but flash cards upgradable to 1GB easily. 3~5 years later mobile phones would be translation capable devices! You will flash French or Spanish language and will go abroad without trouble, how to tell the adress to the local cab driver. If this happens, they will have include many usable programs in them. You don't need to pay for Windows, because they all will be installed at factory.

If Intel goes like those cheap tricks, no matter they are strong, will be eliminated by the market. Because everyone will go and buy a translation capable mobile phone when available! You can not do that with a notebook or a tablet PC because they are BIG like a PIG! for the work. We will soon become grand-fathers of old ages who uses those old fashioned devices at their times. Maybe those mobile-phones become connectable to monitor, keyboard, mouse and printers at home. I really with that, and Gates become mad seeing them! Noone uses 1950~60 years 8 cylinder cars nowadays, unless it has a really good remmemberance like Mustang cars. But, they have not much luxury or techno stuff, but have a big noise from the engine, like we are head damaging because of current PC case stuff. I wish we will not wait to see them much, because I really feel not good with Intel nowadays...

Any ideas!..

I am a bit amazed anyone in this thread is making a bent pin sound like it is the problem of Asus and not the guy who bent it..

Personally I agree with Asus and next time ya build a computer be more aware of what you are doing . . If not then pay $40.00

eobard said:
Email them a link to this thread. Be sure to make them aware that there are just under 60,000 registered members here, thats a lot of potential lack of customers.

Just my 2 cents.

not only are the members potential customers, they are the people giving all thier assosiates advise on computer related purchases.

it only takes one domino to make the rest fall.

diehrd said:
I am a bit amazed anyone in this thread is making a bent pin sound like it is the problem of Asus and not the guy who bent it..

Personally I agree with Asus and next time ya build a computer be more aware of what you are doing . . If not then pay $40.00
I'm puzzled why you chose to take the word of the Asus tech who worked on it over the Forum member that sent it in. How do you know that the tech that worked on it didn't botch it and blame the customer to cover his or her behind?

Cemal Gurel said:
I believe Intel is getting worse and worse day by day. Doubling the micron technology is not sufficient in 18 months according to Moore's law! Mobile phones are rushing behind Intel 4 times the development in 18 months for their products. 18 moths ago we have only VGA capable cameras but now we have 2MP cameras. (5MP ones on the way.) Their processor power is approximately 200MHz because of MP3 playback capability. If they go like that they may catch Intel in 10~15 years. They have no HDD but flash cards upgradable to 1GB easily. 3~5 years later mobile phones would be translation capable devices! You will flash French or Spanish language and will go abroad without trouble, how to tell the adress to the local cab driver. If this happens, they will have include many usable programs in them. You don't need to pay for Windows, because they all will be installed at factory.

If Intel goes like those cheap tricks, no matter they are strong, will be eliminated by the market. Because everyone will go and buy a translation capable mobile phone when available! You can not do that with a notebook or a tablet PC because they are BIG like a PIG! for the work. We will soon become grand-fathers of old ages who uses those old fashioned devices at their times. Maybe those mobile-phones become connectable to monitor, keyboard, mouse and printers at home. I really with that, and Gates become mad seeing them! Noone uses 1950~60 years 8 cylinder cars nowadays, unless it has a really good remmemberance like Mustang cars. But, they have not much luxury or techno stuff, but have a big noise from the engine, like we are head damaging because of current PC case stuff. I wish we will not wait to see them much, because I really feel not good with Intel nowadays...

Any ideas!..

What the hell does this have to do with this thread?

I JUST bought an Asus mobo AND an Asus vid card...i'm scared.

illogical06 said:
What the hell does this have to do with this thread?

I JUST bought an Asus mobo AND an Asus vid card...i'm scared.
Okay, take it easy Illogical06. Cemal Gurel is from Turkey, and there may be some language issues or he just posted on the wrong board. Let's not start an international crisis.:)
As for Asus, they have a long standing reputation for building good products. I do think that CordialSpam is getting a bad deal, but one bad deal does not mean Asus is not going to stand by any of their products. hey have replaced two mobos for me and a hsf for a video card. I am sure you will be okay with your Asus products.

rseven said:
I'm puzzled why you chose to take the word of the Asus tech who worked on it over the Forum member that sent it in. How do you know that the tech that worked on it didn't botch it and blame the customer to cover his or her behind?[/QUOTR/]

Because it appeared in the hands of ASUS as an RMA meaning there was a claim the board was dead prior to the tech even touching it..

diehrd said:
rseven said:
I'm puzzled why you chose to take the word of the Asus tech who worked on it over the Forum member that sent it in. How do you know that the tech that worked on it didn't botch it and blame the customer to cover his or her behind?[/QUOTR/]

Because it appeared in the hands of ASUS as an RMA meaning there was a claim the board was dead prior to the tech even touching it..

I my case the board was dead, and I bent the pins while inserting the CPU cap into the socket to be shipped to Asus RMA, I was putting it in wrong side down. It's BS that they are holding us responcable for bent cpu pins when there are no instructions on specifically how the cap needs to be inserted to prevent further damage.. So after alot of fuss and charging me 40.00, they still ended up sending me a brand new retail packaged P5WD2 Premium.

They said the mobo is shipped..and I should receive this by tomorrow..I'll see how this new replaced mobo works..lets hope they did send me a new one for this $40 not the used mobo..or I would be ****ed..I so missed my rig can't stand on this laptop -.-

Good luck man !!

Gigabyte RMA is so bad that after the 2nd RMA I still get back a crappy used refurb board and the thing starts smoking and sparking when I start it up lol, I threw the thing in the trash and washed my hands of it, not worth smoking $600 worth of other hardware on a POS board cuz GIGABYTE SUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not gonna RMA it again cuz I'm not willing to test it and possibly smoke other hardware and I definelty wouldnt sell it to anyone cuz the same thing would happen to them, thanks gigabyte LOL BTW did I mention GIGABYTE SUX !!

Just received my mobo..they send an used mobo instead of a new one..so I guess it was fine..not that happy with it but ok as long as the previous problem is fixed..but I was wrong.I still has the same problem with memory controller..I guess the problme was not the motherboard? Or I'm such bad luck? Anyways I give up..I'll pass on overclocking for this generation of CPU..I will wait for newer dual cores.

That sucks. 1) how can you tell the board is used and 2) what is making you think the MCH was bad in the first place and now on this board too?

Back