• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 2500k hyper 212 + stock speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaawew

Im just wondering about my temps, i dont think here high but i was just wondering. I have an i5 2500k with the cooler master hyper 212+. At stock speeds at 100% load on prime 95 im getting temps of 53-54 after like 10 minutes. Im just curious if thats high or normal, or low if im just lucky ;)

That looks pretty normal to me. You're not getting close to TJMax so the actual temp is pretty irrelevant.

Well the TH max is irrevelant to me, i would like to keep temps low no matter what, 60-70 is my limits, -#c sounds best ;)

I have this same setup. Though its not directly comparable (I have a different case, airflow, ambient temps). Mine are in the same ballpark.

Like nzaneb said, you have plenty of headroom regardless of where you want to keep it for whatever reason.

Well the TH max is irrevelant to me, i would like to keep temps low no matter what, 60-70 is my limits, -#c sounds best ;)

All I'm referring to is that fact that the farther you get from TJMax, the more inaccurate the temperature reading becomes. Yes staying below 70C is a good idea... comparing apparent temperatures when its far below is not. Really all you know is... it's well below TJMax. It is good for your own testing purposes, but comparatively... meh. And yes -C is a lot of fun, come on over to the benching section... we can help you with that ;)

You don't mention what software your using to measure temps. I'm sure your using one we talk about all the time.

And, my 965 ES Xtreme even under WC is at 56C max core under 30 min of prime 95, using HW Monitor for temps. If I'm happy, you should be too. Just worry when your hit the high 70's under testing loads, normal use will be less.

No worries.

All I'm referring to is that fact that the farther you get from TJMax, the more inaccurate the temperature reading becomes. Yes staying below 70C is a good idea... comparing apparent temperatures when its far below is not. Really all you know is... it's well below TJMax. It is good for your own testing purposes, but comparatively... meh. And yes -C is a lot of fun, come on over to the benching section... we can help you with that ;)

well i was just ocing but i made windows error when i tried to 4.4Ghz OC :p so now i gota wait to get ahold of my uncle who has my coppy of windows to fix it ;P. I think it was because i did to low of a voltage to the CPU :p

Back