• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7-2600 CPU How to clock? First thread.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shibby11

I need some information on my motherboard
I got a 660123 - 001 OEM Not sure if its all you need but i want to know
how to overclock it when its locked, How do i get in to the normal Bio's. I got a HP pavailion computer.

What information do you need to help me out?

Sorry if there is already a thread about this, if so please redirect me.

A 2600, non K? You can only oveclock that CPU with some motherboards up to its turbo multiplier and perhaps a bit of bclk. Does your motherboard have those options to change the multiplier and bclk? How about any vcore (voltage control for the CPU)? To get into your bios, you press delete repeatedly until you get in it, or F2.. one of those.

I do not get the normal Bio's like most people get. I am kinda new to this kind of Bios
I get in to something called "hewlett packard support device" And get a few options in dropp down windows. Can't find vcore in my "bios".
f10 is the only way i can get in to anything. think f2 is running some tests on my computer
and so on. Sorry, this is a new computer and

I dont know... its normally not a good idea to overclock an premade build like that as the cooling isnt the greatest. Perhaps someone here has one or maybe google can help you on how to get in to a 'real' bios if it has one.

The OEM computer that you own (by HP apparently) almost never support any sort of an overclocking function. Because the features are missing I am not surprised.

Back