• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM Deathstar Mod (56k warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i wonder...if there's a market for thermite with overclockers... would it be legal to produce and sell thermite to you guys? lol

LOL that is too funny. I have done the same to a few Western Digitrash drives in my time. Better for stress then a B vitamin.

Reminds of the video somebody sent me about running a MAC, I gotta see if I can find that link and post it for you guys to see it. Funny as hell

hehe,

i've got tons of inventory that ill be taking to my dad's house for target practice, im really looking forward to modding these dead motherboards-

I like the idea of thermite someone posted earlier... hehehhe.

I dont know if this was ever said but now run it over a few times with a car! Hehehee. Maybe even put the front wheel on it and turn the wheel back and forth a couple of times and smash it into oblivion.

Im in a similar situation, my parents Deathstar died yesterday. So Part2 via me will begin.

Im gonna try that "Partition Magic " if not..... Im light mine on fire and blow it up with fireworks tommorow. A fitting part 2 to the worst POS HDDs in the world.

Ill be sure to post lots of pix

blow torch and bug spray.

my blow torch was packed away for the move to raleigh when i did this mod :(

i did one recently with 3 bottles of lighterfluid and a deathstar on a grill, shoulda taken pics :D

Any suggestions? Fire would be nice (and yes Im doing it today hopefully). Any requests on how this thing should die?

As you can imagine, Im very angry at this POS :mad:

Right now Im thinking of blowing it up wiht a pack of M80s I have. Other options include lighting it on fire

And of course, cant forget the sledgehammer

Back