• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7's are all NOT created equally!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I used a multimeter to check the voltages...
From the hardware monitor i see 11.55V during prime95 and about 11.70V at idle....
...BUT the multimeter shows 11.93 during prime95 and 12.05 at idle.

I trust the multimeter ! :) ... and i believe that it is like the temperatures problem .... the board just can't read them correctly !
....so ... i would say not to worry about the voltages ... i also checked the 5V and it's about 5.1V and 5.15V ... but the hardware doctor shows 4.92V ...

steliosDj said:
I used a multimeter to check the voltages...
From the hardware monitor i see 11.55V during prime95 and about 11.70V at idle....
...BUT the multimeter shows 11.93 during prime95 and 12.05 at idle.

I trust the multimeter ! :) ... and i believe that it is like the temperatures problem .... the board just can't read them correctly !
....so ... i would say not to worry about the voltages ... i also checked the 5V and it's about 5.1V and 5.15V ... but the hardware doctor shows 4.92V ...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS.

nice to see it may just be the monitoring chip.

I may just start to pimp the IC7 again.

mica

Wait guys, let's get a few things straight here. First, when you have low voltages, you need to test the PSU with a voltmeter to see if it is a PSU problem. If voltages with the voltmeter look good at LOAD, your PSU is fine. That was step one of the voltage issue. Next, once you know your PSU voltages are good, look at MBM or whatever software monitoring program you use and see what values you get there. If they are DRAMATICALLY lower than the voltmeter, your board is the cause for the low voltages and could indicate bad voltage regulation with THE MOBO. As proof with my first and second boards. My first boards voltages were WAY off, really bad. I had bad instability etc, etc. I know my PSU is fine, I checked with a voltmeter. Now, at load my voltages look like this with P95 running AND folding:

3.3V = 3.33V
5V = 5.11V
12V = 12.04V
VDIMM = 2.78V (set to 2.8V)
VCORE = 1.58 - 1.6V (set to 1.6V)

On a side note, With a copper coolermaster HSF, at 1.6V at 3413Mhz, my full load temps were 60C. Now with my H20 (finally got a P4 adapter, see sig for details) Full load is 42C with P95 and folding at 3514Mhz. People keep saying there is a 'temp' problem with these boards but I don't think so. My ambient is about 27C. Now to try for 3.6Ghz.

nikhsub1 said:
Wait guys, let's get a few things straight here. First, when you have low voltages, you need to test the PSU with a voltmeter to see if it is a PSU problem. If voltages with the voltmeter look good at LOAD, your PSU is fine. That was step one of the voltage issue. Next, once you know your PSU voltages are good, look at MBM or whatever software monitoring program you use and see what values you get there. If they are DRAMATICALLY lower than the voltmeter, your board is the cause for the low voltages and could indicate bad voltage regulation with THE MOBO. As proof with my first and second boards. My first boards voltages were WAY off, really bad. I had bad instability etc, etc. I know my PSU is fine, I checked with a voltmeter. Now, at load my voltages look like this with P95 running AND folding:

3.3V = 3.33V
5V = 5.11V
12V = 12.04V
VDIMM = 2.78V (set to 2.8V)
VCORE = 1.58 - 1.6V (set to 1.6V)

On a side note, With a copper coolermaster HSF, at 1.6V at 3413Mhz, my full load temps were 60C. Now with my H20 (finally got a P4 adapter, see sig for details) Full load is 42C with P95 and folding at 3514Mhz. People keep saying there is a 'temp' problem with these boards but I don't think so. My ambient is about 27C. Now to try for 3.6Ghz.

Those a re really nice voltages your IC7 is reading. I wish my voltages were like yours. Mine reads 0.05v off across the board and 12v reads down to 11.64v under load :(

What is the first set of serial numbers for your board?

scanido said:

Those a re really nice voltages your IC7 is reading. I wish my voltages were like yours. Mine reads 0.05v off across the board and 12v reads down to 11.64v under load :(

What is the first set of serial numbers for your board?
Don't know and i don't feel like pulling the puter apart again... I will check for you when i do though.

Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confused help me out

I wanna know if i should rma hehe

I dont waaant too :(

nikhsub1 said:

Don't know and i don't feel like pulling the puter apart again... I will check for you when i do though.

Hey there nikhsub1 ,

The boards serial # is on the outside of the retail box .
It should look like this : IC7-CEXXXXXX

stereo555

stereo555 said:

Hey there nikhsub1 ,

The boards serial # is on the outside of the retail box .
It should look like this : IC7-CEXXXXXX

stereo555
Well now that I feel like an Idiot... The SN is C3E001313

My IC7-G is very stable ! .. in fact it's more stable from my old P4PE which didn't have these voltage problems ...

I have a enermax 465 watt and its brand new

I still dont know. From what Im seeing more ppl have bad ones then good ones. maybe the voltage isnt such a big problem I dunno :x

Soma said:
Got a enw one from newegg same problem :(

Yea I know what ya mean Soma ,

Iam on my 2cd IC7

Iam still heavily considering RMA'ing my board due to the low voltage thing .
My bios/winbond/MBM5 still all show all the SAME low voltages !!!

I still get some wierd happenings with the board more so than I like or should .
Happened quite a few times the other day .
I also get a "hardware failure" every now and the with my AGP slot . I know its not my 9700 card because its not OC'ed and it ran prefect in my IT7 . (others at the Abit forums are now reporting the same "hardware failure")

I just may do an RMA real soon either to Googlegear again or Abit this time .

Gonna e-mail Abit and see what they say .
Keep ya informed .

stereo555

Last edited:
All of my PSU voltages on mine are just about spot on... Actually they are all over by +.05v which is actually better then being under..... But I've started to see various things start to happen and whatnot.... this morning my video just cut off for no reason.... And I kept getting Random reboots when I'm playing Planetside... I'm going to hold off until a new revision comes out before I RMA this thing unless these problems become more problematic...

Back