• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you water-cool, VOTE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

If you water-cool, VOTE

• 25/75% antifreeze(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 118 12.3%
  • 10/90% antifreeze(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 255 26.6%
  • 5/95% antifreeze(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 77 8.0%
  • Zerex super protector(or equivalent) @ manufacturers recommended concentration.

Votes: 64 6.7%
  • 10/90% Zerex super protector(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 59 6.1%
  • Windshield washer fluid.

Votes: 10 1.0%
  • Water Wetter(or equivalent) @ manufacturers recommended concentration.

Votes: 80 8.3%
  • 5/95% Water Wetter(or equivalent)/distilled water

Votes: 74 7.7%
  • plain distilled water

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • Any of the above with bleach or any other biocide. OR OTHER PLEASE LIST BELOW!

Votes: 83 8.6%

• Total voters
buffalo springs distilled water, Asetek anti-algae fluid (1/4 bottle per sys. fill), 5 or 6 drops of FrozenCPU green UV dye

i picked 10/90 antifreeze/distilled water...only thing i have to say is that when i went to wally mart to get some distilled water, they only had a gallon left(OMG i never thought it possible) so i got the last one and 2 gallons of "drinking water" and put about 10/90 antifreeze / distilled/drinking water.

Water wetter is a good addition to a water cooling system.

It only has one tiny drawback. It is highly corrosive to eletronic stuff. Do NOT get any in CPU sockets, memory or expansion slots.

Don't ask how I know, it was EXPENSIVE!!

If you all are like me, the only time you have a leak, is when you are changing something. Usually, you are powered down at that time. If you leak water with a little rubbing alcohol, like I use, you just need to dry it out, and power back up. If you are running water wetter, you will most likely be buying some new components.

steve

I must have the most insane mixture. MY loop takes up about 1.5 gallons. My, res, pump, an rad are outside. I'm using around 75-80% anitfreeze and 20-25% distilled water. I was using a 50/50 mix but it wasnt enough and my water forze up one night even tho I had my Mobile 2600 running at 2.8Ghz with 2Volts.

WalMart Water

I added one grain of POOL SHOCK (non-chlorine) to almost a gallon of water.
WalMart Distilled water....i think it was $.58/gallon.

Last edited:
skou said:
Water wetter is a good addition to a water cooling system.

I used WW in two previous loops and both times it stained my tygon a disgusting pink, right into the wall of the tubing. Am I the ONLY person this has happened to or am I doing something wrong? :bang head My latest loop has been up for 5-days. Without UV the water is a slight purple, with UV it's baby blue and NO staining! ;)

waterwetter is notorious for staining tubes, no matter what loop it is

you did nothing wrong... WW just sucks, period.

Actually I have not observed pink staining at all with WW. Perhaps it only occurs if you use too much? I add only a small amount since my system is copper-only. It may be that mixed-metal systems require more and run the risk of staining.

i had to vote other because even thow my rig isnt setup yet i will be using fluid xp in it when it gets here

FIZZ3 said:
Actually I have not observed pink staining at all with WW. Perhaps it only occurs if you use too much? I add only a small amount since my system is copper-only. It may be that mixed-metal systems require more and run the risk of staining.

Maybe it was the combination of WW and the UV dye (FCPU red) I was using. I don't THINK I overdosed it, but the tube staining I've had was the same girly pink that WW is.

Straight tap water. Have been using it for years with no problems. Homemade blocks as well as purchased blocks.

27/75 antifreeze(or equivalent) - if you consider InnovaProtect antifreeze (which from it's smell it's not too far off lol). I'm planning to thin the mixture out a bit though with some more DI water, although I doubt I'll notice a huge performance difference.

I voted for 5% antifreeze and 95% distilled water. And then I added some UV dye. I just filled my system up. I hope this will keep my water clean, at least for a while.

YviE

Back