• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

igloo koolmate 40

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FizzledFiend

I was in a SAM's club warehouse the other week and found this igloo koolmate 40 that normally sales for 125$ for 14.95$ the fan wasn't working. So for 15 bucks I snatched it up..seems the fans power wire popped of the conector..Anyways i bring it home set up a 1 gallon resivior and plumbed the cooler with a rio 180 submersiable pump thru a copper coil submerged in a gallon of water inside the cooler. so resivor of 1 gallon of water on the oustside pumping water thru a coil on the inside of the cooler wich is submerged in a gallon of water (to hold the cold directly against the coils)

ok now the website http://www.igloocoolers.com/products.asp?c=1 states "cools to 44-46*F" I wasn't getting anything like that in fact in a 72 room i was hitting 52 so some exploration was in order
after disassymbly of the cooling unit I found of course a peltier #OTE-12706 and 09/15/02/
obviously the second set of numbers is a date but the first set i can't find jack didly about on the net. currently i have it powerd by a 400 watt power supply and the cold side forms plenty of ice and the hotside is mounted to the AL heatsink it was mounted to before with a 120 fan on it just gets noticebly warm

I am wondering if I could use this to cool my CPu and cool the hot side with my current swiftech water cooling setup

Probably the wattage on the TECs are too low to keep up with proc heat output- most of those tec fridges are too weak. You could try it with an old proc i suppose.

FizzledFiend said:
what if i tried to cool the water its self? like place the fins of this huge AL heatink into the resivior?

this have been try already, I haven't seen many good results:eek:

recon this baby would work on a northbridge chipset..namely the nforce 400 fsb jobs?

curious about the uber bios 1005, but I don't want to kill the mobo,,just yet anyways :) maybe this on the northbridge..maybe for chits and giggels?

Back