• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm hooked on WOW O_O

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RedDragonXXX said:
Can anyone point me to a good guide for making $$$?

I'm lvl18 mage.

I haven't seen a specific "howto make money in WoW" guide, but it was suggested earlier that you download the Auctioneer mod and then you could have two collecting professions like skinning and herbalism so you can auction all the stuff you collect.

I guess as a rule of thumb, you pretty much want to just concern yourself with items that have a white, green, blue, or purple name. Anything gray should just be sold to a vendor or trashed.

splat said:
I haven't seen a specific "howto make money in WoW" guide, but it was suggested earlier that you download the Auctioneer mod and then you could have two collecting professions like skinning and herbalism so you can auction all the stuff you collect.

I guess as a rule of thumb, you pretty much want to just concern yourself with items that have a white, green, blue, or purple name. Anything gray should just be sold to a vendor or trashed.

Yea I d/ld couple of add-ons but was putting them in wrong place so they didn't work. I just figured out what I need to do so soon as I get home I'll install them.

As for Auctioneer it basically tells you how much a certain items is selling for at an Auction House if you select it?

Is that correct?

RedDragonXXX said:
Yea I d/ld couple of add-ons but was putting them in wrong place so they didn't work. I just figured out what I need to do so soon as I get home I'll install them.

As for Auctioneer it basically tells you how much a certain items is selling for at an Auction House if you select it?

Is that correct?

when you open up the auction window, you'll see a "scan" button on the bottom, that will go thru the AH and get the prices on everything. it then goes thru calculations and calculates whether you can post your item for a 5% undercut or whether you can't meet the lowest price. That';s just the simple explanation...it's a pretty cool tool and if used correctly it can lead to some serious cash quickly.

Running dungeons is a good way to get cash too as they generally have better drops. You can also get good XP if you run the right dungeons with the right groups.

For the most part, money is pretty easy to make along the way as long as you do a few things.

Two gathering skills.

Sell everything in the AH..don't worry about getting great prices, sell it cheap enough to turn it around.

Vendor sell gray items and things that don't sell well in the AH. Sometimes AH deposits can eat your lunch on items that no one wants.

Don't try to horde items.

Don't spend money. Spend for training class skills and gathering profressions only. First Aid and Fishing are okay to train, too...be careful with spending money on cooking. Quest rewards and drops will typically keep you plenty well equipped overall. Anything you buy will eventually be trashed for something better anyway. Also, if you want anything particularly good, Battlegrounds can provide excellent items for free other than time spent in the BG's. In particular, Arathi Basin boots are excellent (great stats and increase run speed slightly) and you can also get good trinkets, necklace, and rings at early levels where they are difficult to come by naturally.

My wife followed this recently with a new Mage character she made. She had over 250 Gold by level 30. Most of her money came from selling materials from her mining and skinning. Even copper is a huge money maker.

CGR said:
Ok... this is what you need to do...

1. Stop playing WOW..

2. Go outside with a GF/Wife or go pickup a woman and enjoy....

WOW is the source of all evil in the universe... I know because I leveled two characters to 70 :eek:

I second this... I have a 70 Warlock (God of PVP) and a 70 Rogue (God of Cash). Get out while you can. I actually still play this game quite frequently and still enjoy it. You either like MMORPGS or you don't. All MMORPGS tend to get repetitive but like counterstrike and BF2 aren't? Lets face it Blizzard PWNd the online gaming market with this release. Cartman put it best... "Go to the store buy World of WarCraft and join the online gaming sensation before we all murder you" :clap: :clap:

Wow, prob will be canceling my account soon. Way to ****ed at blizz for destroying my class. I dont pay for their bull. Dont tell me to reroll and keep paying my sub. Not gonna happen.

If you want a full explaination, go the shaman forums on the official wow forums. Will sum it up expertly.

We will see what blizzcon Q&A brings. And then I will decide

Hazaro said:
HAHAHA, SHAMANS GET NERFED?! lmaolmaolmao

I'm sorry for your loss :'[

Not just nerfed, but nerfed to the point that we cant function post 60 beyond soloing. Not to mention the fact that we now have no place in raids anymore.

"Stock" in WoW is declining as more and more people leave the game. So if your looking for $1000 for your Fully Loaded Main + Alts, there will be a lot of other people selling the exact same thing. Only Cheaper.

Just like you did them in the Auction house. Ironic ain't it?

WOOT for undercutting prices!

I don't know why everyone is trashing on this game, what do you guys want :confused:

It's a great game with long lasting appeal. Since when is that a bad thing :confused:

BTW

I'm doing great so far. I'm at lv25 right now and almost have 20g. Auctioneer add-on is awesome :beer:

Also should I get the The Burning Crusade at this point or wait till I hit lv60?

RedDragonXXX said:
I don't know why everyone is trashing on this game, what do you guys want :confused:

It's a great game with long lasting appeal. Since when is that a bad thing :confused:

BTW

I'm doing great so far. I'm at lv25 right now and almost have 20g. Auctioneer add-on is awesome :beer:

Also should I get the The Burning Crusade at this point or wait till I hit lv60?

Just wait til 60, you never know if you will still enjoy it then, also it gives the BC a chance to lower in price possibly.

shard said:
Not just nerfed, but nerfed to the point that we cant function post 60 beyond soloing. Not to mention the fact that we now have no place in raids anymore.

Have you played a priest lately? I'm not going to start this discussion but shamans still have a place as utility in raids, but there's very few spots as you said.

So I just picked up my epic flying mount on my main (70 Priest), hit 60 on my alt warrior, and my gnome lock is coming up pretty quick. Here's a few tips:

-Most production professions suck but have HUGE bonuses end-game. For example, I dropped herbalism once I had my epic flying mount to pick up Shadoweave Tailoring and I love it because I get really nice sets.

-Don't spend money early on. It's quite simple. Just keep the money you have and don't spend it until you get your lvl 40 mount, which brings me to my next point.

-Have somebody with reputation buy your mount, as it'll be cheaper. You should already be honored with your home faction but there's a good chance if you're new you won't have the sergeant discount (I'm actually not sure on this, did they remove it or keep it for players with the pvp rank?). In either case, have somebody with higher rep buy it for you.

-Wait until lvl 58 or so to go out and buy The Burning Crusade, and don't go to outlands until you hit lvl 59 at least in Azeroth, otherwise lvls 60-62 are going to suck.

-Search Jame's alliance/horde leveling guide, it's free and very very very helpful. Also, I'd advise you to skip Blade's Edge Mountains when you get to that point and go to netherstorm.

That's about it. I could write a guide on this stuff but I haven't played in awhile due to school.

shard said:

SO VERY far from the truth, it is blasphemy!

You are playing with the wrong people my friend. My guild incorporates resto AND enhancement shamans in our raids. We have KZ on farm (with three groups per week) minus Nightbane. Maulgar on farm. Gruul to 50%, and Doomwalker to 18%.

Find yourself a guild that appreciates a shaman's raid contributions, whether it be healing or dps.

RedDragonXXX said:

BTW

Get it soon, you can go through the dark portal at 58 to the outlands.

AMDforlife said:
SO VERY far from the truth, it is blasphemy!

You are playing with the wrong people my friend. My guild incorporates resto AND enhancement shamans in our raids. We have KZ on farm (with three groups per week) minus Nightbane. Maulgar on farm. Gruul to 50%, and Doomwalker to 18%.

Find yourself a guild that appreciates a shaman's raid contributions, whether it be healing or dps.

Kinda why I have been hopping guilds lately. I felt a bit better the other day when I dropped a 3000 point crit with a reg lightning bolt :D

Naw its a bigger pain to try and get in heroics actually then raids. Oh well Gonna keep working on gear and junk :p

BTW gratz reddragon, doing nicely :D

And gratz seven on the epic mount :D

Just hit 69 on my hunter and I'm well on my way to 70! I've got about 600g towards my flying mount, I can't wait to get one!

thideras said:
Atleast you found something you liked, WoW bored me after awhile, too repetitive and not much thought is needed.

Noob advice, GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!

100% agreed! I just got bored of doing the same thing over and over again...

Back