• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm looking for a 1366 stock socket backplate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blendan

Registered
Recently I have acquired some newer parts to refresh my current build. Upon receiving the motherboard(sabertooth x58), I have found that the socket backplate is the server version for lga 1366 and doesn't allow me to mount the cooler.

I have done some extensive searches to find the backplate and have found a wholesaler that makes them and their distributors but they want minimal orders of 200 and that is unfortunately 199 more than I need or could use so that is a no go.

I am looking to acquire one and any help would be appreciated.

thanks

*doesn't allow me to mount the cooler.* << Which cooler? I simply typed into g00gle socket + 1366 + backplate and got many hits. There are many aftermarket backplates available for less than $10.00 Usd. Perhaps even the brand that your cpu cooler is.

The cooler in question is a CM 212 evo. Due to the socket backplate being this one, the server version lga 1366 backplate the mounting hardware is incompatible.
LGA1366_1-300x300.jpg

I was looking for the standard backplate that looks like this
LGA1366_2-300x300.jpg

I continued to look for the second type and found some in stock at DigiKey Electronics after an extensive amount of searching.

Thanks for the help. I just needed to look harder :rolleyes:

I'm looking for the same backplate myself. I'm trying to replace my cooler but the backplate is not compatible. Can you post the part number and weblink to the plate you found? I checked the Digikey website and couldn't find it.

Back