• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm Ready to WaterCool - Need Your Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
otter said:
That's why I recommend you contact Koolance or whoever makes that pump and get some specs before you order a transformer. You need to know three things: the voltage, waveform, and frequency the pump was designed for. Koolance might even give you a reasonable deal on the controller board.

i will be sending an email with these questions, i'll update on what reply i receive.

***update***

here's my email to koolance

my email to koolance tech support said:
Koolance

Remarks: hello, i have a koolance pc2/rm pump. i would like to find a suitable power adapter so that i can continue to power this pump. will this adapter work - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049687&cp i would like the following questions answered about the pump - 1. what voltage is the pump? vdc or vac 2. what wave form? square or sine 3. what frequency? 60hz or higher i would like to get this pc2 up and running again, i don\'t want to buy another pump like an eheim or laing. thank you, eddie gutierrez

here's the response koolance sent me
response from koolance tech support said:
Hello,

Probably, but we would recommend a replacement control board. The newer versions may look different than what you currently have, but all the connections are the same. The item will be in stock between March 31st and April 28th (latest). You can opt-in to be notified when the product arrives at that link.

Thank you for your inquiry,
Info

Koolance, Inc.
www.koolance.com

i'm going to purchase that radio shack 13vac unit and hope for the best. will it matter how i hook it up? i still don't know which pin on the controller boards pump head is ground?

thanks everybody :)

I doubt it will matter. There are a few situations where it matters which is the hot wire and which is the neutral wire. The ballasts for flourescent lights, for instance. With those, if you hook it up backwards, the light won't come on. But I doubt it will matter for your pump, and if it does, just switch the wires.

It's interesting that Koolance didn't actually answer your questions about voltage and frequency.

Good luck.

i'm waiting on some fan spacers to arrive. i'll hook up the pump then. for now i'm going to start measuring and cutting masterclear, and arrange the loop.

*** thanks otter and everyone else for your help and comments, i'm getting closer and closer to my first fully custom watercooled pc ***

guys, just an update, i was able to use this adapter 120vac > 13vac - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049687&cp

to power the koolance pc2 pump. i've into the 4th hours of testing my loop, my first EVER custom loop :)

i'm hoping this setup gives me better performance that the regular koolance pc2 because instead of 3 x 80mm fans, i'm using 2 x 120mm fans.

in the pc2 theres a plastic flap on the underside of the rad that stops the air to pass through from the 3 x 80mm fans. the flap is there to direct air on the controller board which gets very hot.

since i'm not using the controller board(controlls pump and fans) i don't need this flap, it literally blocks air from passing through the rad for more effective heat dissapation.

i'm going test the loop for 24 hours +. i'll update later and report temps. i'm hoping to run the following voltages.

vcore 2.15
vdd 2.1

vdimm around 3.4-3.6, i'm modding my case for some fan to blow over the dimm slots.

vagp will stay at 1.6.

my goal is to get 2.6ghz, 2-2-2-x, 1t with 2x512mb of ram(actually dimm1 - 256mb, dimm2 - 256mb and dimm3 - 512mb in dual channel).

wish me good fortune :)

Beginner said:
since i'm not using the controller board(controlls pump and fans) i don't need this flap, it literally blocks air from passing through the rad for more effective heat dissapation.
A good reason to to use the board then. Or at least to relocate it.

Good luck.

Back