• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

im short a couple 6 pin cables

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poppedkernel

I'm using a logisys ps 575w, adn on the box it says SLI ready.... well i want to get another gtx460 like the one I have (gigabyte gv-n460oc-1gi) and it requires 2 6 pin cables... the psu only has 2 which are being used up but the current card, is there any way I can like get an adapter for the other cables or if theres another brand that don't use the cables at all? or am i gonna have to get a new psu altogether?

I'm using a logisys ps 575w, adn on the box it says SLI ready.... well i want to get another gtx460 like the one I have (gigabyte gv-n460oc-1gi) and it requires 2 6 pin cables... the psu only has 2 which are being used up but the current card, is there any way I can like get an adapter for the other cables or if theres another brand that don't use the cables at all? or am i gonna have to get a new psu altogether?

PK,

You're going to need a bigger power supply. What you have IS SLI ready but only for two single 6-pin cards like my 9800GT. I think all the 460GTX models require 2 6-pin connections. 460GTXs in SLI is a little too much for your power supply.

TX 750 from corsair. i think its rated for 470's in SLI.

mine ran x2 gtx460's no problem. its got 4x 6+2 pin

Back