• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Imaging Drives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So yes you can do Win1 on SSD and Win2 on Mechanical.
Choose which User Shell folders you want to move and keep them on a different partition than where Win1 and Win2 are. Image files would be stored on a different partition from Win1 & Win2 of course. So You want to setup Win1 and then you will need to use USB/CD to make the first image.

This is where the problem was. I wish I had read this reply closer because it might have saved me a bit of headache. It may not have mettered anyway, because it appears that Easus Todo only allows image recovery from the bottable media - no making a backup image from there. I will keep plugging away at this, but it appears that reinstall (as you said) is my only recourse. Its always nice to have a fresh system I guess :)

PS: this backup utility is painfully slow to load and navigate through menu options so I installed it on a ramdisk. It seems to be a fair solution.

Back