• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of an opinion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zig-Zag

Registered
I just installed a cooler master gemini ii and my temps are alittle out of wack when i run orthos my temps go from 42c idle to 79c under load useing small FFt's. Im running 2 120mm fans one is a coolermaster that came out of my haf922 the other is the fan off of my ocz ocz vendetta 2 and im useing ocz freez.

Temps aren't terrible.

This cooler
Cooler Master GeminII S524
Or this cooler
Cooler Master GeminII S

Years differnce in ability. Specifics matter, supplying a exact link helps sometimes.

I know little about that cooler, but it sure isn't in our discussion of good heatsinks. But lemme ask you a few other things.

You are able to inspect the bottom of the motherboard to ensure the pins on the cooler are latched? If you can't inspect the bottom of the mobo to be sure, take the mobo OUT of the case to ensure it's on right. Those pesky Intel pins are a nightmare to get right, thats whay ALL good heatsinks doesn't use them.

You did clean the old thermal paste off and how did you apply the new paste? Was there a plastic liner on the bottom of the heatsink and you forgot to take it off? Don't laugh, even pros have done it............

That's rather of a lot for 3.2ghz on a 45nm, though your temps ought to be better if the cooler is worth it's salt.

Back