• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[in-store] retail i7 920's now $199.99 @ microcenter, LARGE STOCK!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NICE deal!...
Just really sad that the closest store to us is... just a day away! :(...

Sucks they wouldn't ship it. :bang head

NICE deal!...
Just really sad that the closest store to us is... just a day away! :(...

Sucks they wouldn't ship it. :bang head

Same here. I have a few friends that live close by to MC, but the shipping plus a little something to say "thank you" & gas money will kill the deal :(

Ack , always "instore only" :p Hand picking stepping and week would be great though .

Last edited:
wow that is a hell of a deal. only problem for me is im still using 775 board so i'll have to pass for now.

WOW, i am going on holiday to california and i think i will go and pick out a good batch!!!( i am slowly compiling a list of good and bat batches)
they are selling about 10 a day!
am i right in thinking for a d0: earlier weeks are the best? and B is useually better?
920's are 80 pounds cheaper in the USA ..NO FAIR!!!

ok this is abit off topic but i thourght i would ask, does anyone know if i would have to pay customs.duty from taking the i7 920 from the usa to the uk?

I was lucky enough to get a 3849B batch from this deal. I'm still learning how to clock on the i7 platform, but I had the chip priming @ 4.0ghz with around 1.2v.

Where on the box do I find the batch number and stepping?

Its on a label on the batch

I just got my i7 from the silicon valley microcenter
And wow. I got the batch 3849b and is supposed to be great ocer
Gogogogo the current batch is awsome

Oh man ... ur gonna make me drive down to the Orange County store after hearing that ! :p

Its on a label on the batch

i'm headed to microcenter today and i started checking sites like this one looking for deals. i wasn't planning on going i7, but should i do it now if i can get one of these 3849B's??

i'm headed to microcenter today and i started checking sites like this one looking for deals. i wasn't planning on going i7, but should i do it now if i can get one of these 3849B's??

Well $200 is the cheapest you will get an i7 d0...even on ebay and the classifides they are selling for 215+ used
So id you can get a deecent motherboared and 6 gigs of ram, you have a full i7 system!

That batch number will defo do atleast 4.0ghz, and I have heard very good things about it ( google ' batxh 3849b' )

I don't get home to the uk till the 25th so can't test my i7 till them arrrr the painnn

Back