• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Indigo Extreme with Apogee Drive II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was a hardcore AS-5 user and went with Indigo eXtreme and it dropped my temps around 5 degrees. Some of that may have just been a better mount or some other fluke, but I am a believer!

With a great big toothy smile: "There you have it, folks: another satisfied customer!"

Seriously, please let us know how it goes for you.

BachOn

Doyll, I haven't done the IX yet. I will be doing it Saturday. If you checked my build thread I needed to get the system going first before going through the reflow process. My enclosure makes it a bit more difficult and I need a friend to help set my hutch on its back on my desk and re-route some power lines while installing. This is one of the reasons I chose IX as I didn't intend on re-doing this often at all.

Okay mate. Thanks for sorting me out. ;)

I've been busy playing with a very different beast to yours. More of a mouse by comparison. Thermalright's new AXP-100 cooler. It's pretty amazing. 6x 6mm pipes into a downflow 94x107mm fin area with a 100mm 14mm thick fan cooling my 920 stock to 65-65-66-63c w/35c exhaust @ 2380rpm at 100% load. I slowed fan down to 1750rpm @ 72-73-73-71c w/ 43c exhaust.. tried 1500rpm @ 76-78-77-75c w/47c exhaust. All ambient between 21.5-23c About the size of 2x 120mm fans setting on CPU.. 121x105.5x58m
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724638

Doyll, that is a wicked heatsink! I m glad you showed me that. I m dabbling with doing a build in a Bitfenix Prodigy for my wife and that might work perfectly.

As far as my IX application, well it didn't get done. I ran out of time between a LAN, birthday party for a friend, changing a friend's CV-axles and other maintenance, well my wants got left on the wayside. A friend should be coming by tomorrow to assist in the hutch moving and re-flow. Then i can toss up some numbers/opinions.

What kind of TIM are you using currently?

Yes it is! I normally use towers.. usually big towers. AXP-100 (aka Mighty Mite) is smallest cooler I have.. well I do have a couple of boat anchors I haven't got rid of.. Old AMD Athlon XP 3000.. 2.1GHz single core 32 bit, 333FSB.. about 70watt. :D I like the Prodigy. Nice little case. I think I would use a small tower cooler in it. With back vent and top clearance the only issue is a cooler that will clear PCI slot.. depending on what motherboard you use.. and there are some nice little tower coolers that will. Macho HR-02 and Macho 120 and True Spirit 120 are offset so fan is very close to CPU. AXP-100 is for low profile cases; preferably with a vent directly above cooler to supply cool air to or extract hot air from cooler. At least that's what I think.
I did runs with supplied Thermalright Chill Factor3 and Phanteks PH-NDC and got same reading for all practical purposes. After all, HWM reads full degrees so could be more than 1c actual difference if all cores hit lows on one and highs on other and we wouldn't know it.
45.6 reading as 46c and 44.4 reading as 44c = 2c when really 1.2c difference or is it
45.4 reading as 45c and 44.6 reading as 45c = 0c when really 0.8c difference.

And many meters show .0c, .5c but not .2c or .7c.

Most tests do not monitor the actual temp of air going into cooler but the room them.. which may or may not be actual intake temp. Found this out on AXP-100 after testing TY-100 pull vs push temps and getting up to 8c difference. Finally found it when I put a temp probe 30mm above intake... it was 6-8c hotter than ambient! With fan as intake the RAM, GPU, etc. were causing hot exhaust to circle up and back into cooler! I now have a nice little probe bracket that puts probe 30-50mm in front of intake fan. ;)

PS: Mighty Mite (AXP-100) is going into an old PC-50 tower with the PSU on edge in upper left back. Mobo is to the right with CPU opposite PSU. AXP-100 w/ TY-100 pull will exhaust into PSU so all heat will be sucked out by PSU 130mm fan. ;)

Last edited:
Back