• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Info on Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Davidleebjr

Been Looking for a little bit seem to find temp answers all over the spectrum.

Wondering if my temps are decent. My rig specs are in my sig

at idle//general usage.......... oc'd 1.37v to 4.4ghz i'm reading:

37 39 39 41 across 4 cores and would like to know how these temps fare? Too Hot?

Thanks for any help or comparison temps to what you guys are getting.

dlb

Searching for the threads about calibrating core temp / real temp with actual reporting temps of cpu ???

Attachments

• tempquestion.JPG
    tempquestion.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Those are nice, but those are idle. Honestly, as long as they aren't rocket high (thereby, meaning that the HSF is not installed correctly) idle temperatures are rather "useless".

Start Prime95, and tell us load temperatures.

Prime in 2hr 25

Just ran a quick prime this morning before work . 2hrs 25m no errors.. temps never broke 72c 65 68 67 71 I'll run a longer test and the aida64 when i get home tonight and post the screenshots.

thanks for the help/advice i just wanted to make sure i wasn't cooking my new rig way to early :fight:

those temps do seem to be a little too high for the WCing setup you have, But also your volts are a little high for just 4.4ghz.

Try and drop your volts if you can. I'm in the high 50's maybe 60 after about 1.5 hours of prime with a 360 rad, a 750 rez pump combo ( the one you have) and a XSPC Rasa Black block ( pretty similar to yours). This is with my 2700k @ 4.8ghz with HT off @1.36 volts.

Idealy @ 4.4ghz you shouldn't be much over 60c with that setup. But it varies. My setup is different/ is housed in a corsair 800d so results wont be that relevant, its just "quite similar". maybe try and reseat the block, make sure the CPU paste is all nicely applied and the block is properly tightened. It isnt anything to really worry about but maybe worth a tinker to see if you can improve those temps.

Also what fans you running with atm? Do you have them set to a low RPM?

Maybe the RPMs

xander,

I'll start with the rpms.. maybe that's killin my temps from the get go.. i had all 6 fans maxed out... 2 yate loon high speeds on push and 2 on pull on 240 rad 2010 rpm . 2 case one out one in.

I always did think it cooled better on low rpm but the theory didn't make sense to me as to how it cooled at lower.

just built a custom rig enclosure from old stereo rack system case air cooled from central system air condition supply duct. (haven't tested it out yet with AC on)

future posts after work today.

xander,

I'll start with the rpms.. maybe that's killin my temps from the get go.. i had all 6 fans maxed out... 2 yate loon high speeds on push and 2 on pull on 240 rad 2010 rpm . 2 case one out one in.

I always did think it cooled better on low rpm but the theory didn't make sense to me as to how it cooled at lower.

just built a custom rig enclosure from old stereo rack system case air cooled from central system air condition supply duct. (haven't tested it out yet with AC on)

future posts after work today.

pretty much sure a lower rpm will be killing your temps a little if they are low. It just depends, under 70c is fine and if it = a silent machine there isnt any problems with that. :p Fair play, update us when you have some more results

Back