• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel cpus at UVOC, post & share your result here !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bing

Low Profile Senior
Please read thoroughly the required data format before you submit the result.

The results so far, big thanks to all participants. :clap: :thup:

E6X50 & Q6600 G0.png

This week some of you might get this new CPU. I'm trying to gather how good these new G0 stepping Q6600 and E6X50 families perform.

Imo, this result will help those are still unable to decide whether to go with E6850 or Q6600 G0.

Here what I need you to do is, try the lowest VCore setting allowed by your mobo and try OC as high as possible while stable on that VCore setting.
This should be easy since on using lowest vcore, it will put a very minimal stress to your mobo, ram, psu, cooling gear and of course the cpu it self, so don't worry. :D

Please post with these following format & details .....again, the more the merrier !
  • The CPU if you got older stepping, you're wellcome to participate as well & put note for it. :thup:
  • The lowest VCore as possible at stock speed Get this from what you've set in the BIOS (NOT the one reported by CPUZ since its known to be not accurate)
  • The CPU VID Get this from CoreTemp or Rightmark CPU Clock program
  • Your best OC speed on that lowest VCore, don't change it !
  • Stable test on above speed & VCore Put your testing apps and how many hours (yes, this may spark debates which I want to avoid in this thread, read below for more details.
  • CPU temp (idle/load/ambient) ... in Celcius please, just for uniformity sake
  • Mobo & BIOS ver
  • Cooling gear
  • FPO/BATCH#, Pack Date as printed at the box sticker and from which vendor ... yeah the lottery thing and these are not utterly important, but once there is enough info, it will be quite interesting to watch
Intel Sticker.jpg

Example :
  • CPU : E6850
  • Lowest Vcore : 1.0875 Volt (value set in BIOS and able to boot at stock speed & stable)
  • CPU VID : 1.1250 Volt Coretemp (put info where you got that from like CoreTemp or Rightmark)
  • Best OC : 3.204 Ghz or FSB = 356 (with 1.0875 VCore & stable)
  • Stability test : Orthos 8 hours
  • CPU Temp : 30/40/25 Celcius from Coretem or SpeedFan etc (average out for all cores unless they differ too much)
  • MOBO & BIOS : XXYYZZ, BIOS:ZZXX
  • Cooling Gear : Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
  • CPU details : L719A844 , Pack Date : 06/26/2007 , Straight from Intel warehouse :D

How to find the best UVOC (Under Voltage OC) ?

Remember to turn OFF your Speedstep/EIST in BIOS in the 1st place.

1. Set your multi & FSB to "stock" speed and DO NOT CHANGE IT until step 5 !
  2. Start lowering your VCore at the bios step by step, "BUT" your rig must be stable during that Vcore decreasing process.
  3. A Prime95 for quad or Othos for Dual would do it, for how long ? Well, honestly the longer the better !
  4. Once you found the stable lowest Vcore at stock speed , write it down, this will be the "Lowest Vcore" while on stock speed, and DO NOT touch that VCore anymore.
  5. Start cranking up to OC the CPU as best as you can just like ordinary OC-ing process, like increasing FSB or decreasing multi or tweaking NB,RAM voltage and "etc", again DO NOT touch that VCore, leave it untouched.
  6. Do the stability test on the max. OC to find the best as you can.
  7. Repeat step number 5 if necessary.
  8. Save the infos like the FSB/Multi, temperature idle/load/ambient on that "best" UVOC result.

Good Luck !

Consideration regarding stability test standard !

Please, I want to avoid another long debates about this standard in this thread.

I would say 8 hours of Orthos is very common practice here, but again, if you dont agree with this, please put your test program and how many "hours" (c'mon not minutes ) that you're comfortable with.

I hope this is fair enough, anyway, nobody can validate that either, so its all up to your own conscience.

Why not the usual highest/max. OC on high Vcore ("OVOC" Over Voltage OC) you might ask ?

Well, it won't hurt if you post that too, but there are so many factors like PSU, cooling gear, mobo PWM phases, RAMs, BIOS tweaks, cpu temp, "experience", "ambition level", "patience scale" .. and finally "determination" :).

So I think it is too difficult to get a conclusion out from it. Anyway, just post it similiar as above format if you want to share your best result.

I believe the accumulated result of this UVOC (Under Voltage OC) will show us interesting results and also how good these silicon for these new CPU generations like E6x50 or Quad G0 stepping.

Interesting observations for this new G0 stepping, this Intel data at least confirms they're highly binned or they're using new latest/better silicon process.

Consolidate details from Intel's CPU spec web page :

E6X50 and Quad Intel Spec.png

Once there are enough results, I will try to consolidate it into single graphical chart and update this 1st post. Also if you have better idea on how to format this collected data for best presentation and easy to understand, just shout out loud.

Comments regarding this collection method before data start to pouring in or even its usefulness are wellcome.

Oh yeah, thanks in advance for your contribution. :D

Revisions :

24 July - As treatmentx suggestion, added "Cooling gear".
24 July - As blackjackel suggestion, organized field of reporting
25 July - As Sniper.nkc, added remark on how to get VCore info
25 July - Added VID info
25 July - Added Intel sticker example
25 July - Reporting format example
25 July - Added consideration for stability test
28 July - Correction on the example
28 July - Added table (only one contributor with complete data so far) :-/
31 July - Updated table with another contributor = Treamentx
07 Aug - Moved the table at front of the 1st post (Hopefully it will attract more participants)
12 Aug - Black background OcF style table and added delta (VID - Lowest Vcore) and delta (Load - Idle) temp
14 Aug - Added instructions how to UVOC to have a uniform method.
16 Aug - Added note to turn OFF Speedstep/EIST as MadMan007 suggested.
31 Aug - Updated the Intel's CPU spec with single consolidated table
22 Sep - Added average value for Temp Delta (Load - Idle) but "excluding" orange coloured box. ;)

Last edited:
At your request, I have bookmarked this thread.

I have shared my e6600 undervoltage results with you but will save this place for my q6600 undervoltage OC results when I get the processor from TankGuys.

Bookmarked. Remember to state what type of cooling too!

In addition to the "low volt" quest requested, as per name of the forum, please share max overclock as well (core temps/ambient temps/cooling used also please) :beer:

if its a g0, be sure to tell us where you got it from!

Nice thread, but my suggestion to the thread starter is to organize what you want people to reply with and ask them to have write it in a uniform way so its simple and easy to read... like this:

1- Processor

2- Vcore

3- Where you purchased it

4- Etc...

5- Et cetera

I will post my results as soon as I get mine but I am not holding my breath for it to be any time soon. I am pretty high up the list.

So far:

1- Processor, QX6850 (ES)

2- Vcore at stock speed (lowest) - 1.2150V
Vcore at at current OC (still tuning)- 3.46 Ghz @ 1.3750V

3- Where you purchased it:
I found it. :)

William Hung said:
So far:

1- Processor, QX6850 (ES)

2- Vcore at stock speed (lowest) - 1.2150V
Vcore at at current OC (still tuning)- 3.46 Ghz @ 1.3750V

3- Where you purchased it:
I found it. :)

What is stock speed on QX6850?, I know I can look it up but would be nice if people can include it so one can see % ocing, thanks

Last edited:
Will be posting my Q6600 GO :thup:

I do have a request. Could you clarify how we are to report the lowest vcore? My bios CPU voltage and CPUZ are off by .05. I would like for us to be consistent on the method to report the vcore, or does it matters?

Last edited:
Brolloks said:
It's like a dual E6850 right:drool: ...best of both worlds, pitty it's so expensive ...

Indeed, I just got the e6700 a couple weeks ago, unaware of the iimpending price drop. Waiting for the QX6850 to get significantly cheaper is a reason for me not to feel so bad. :(

I got my e6850 from zipzoomfly for 282.00 w/ free shipping. I'll post what I can soon, I'm currently deployed. I can't wait to try it out soon. =)

Jgyolai said:
I got my e6850 from zipzoomfly for 282.00 w/ free shipping. I'll post what I can soon, I'm currently deployed. I can't wait to try it out soon. =)

Wellcome to OcF Jgyolai ! :welcome:

Glad you joined in, expecting your result here & thanks ! :thup:

Back