• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Intel Haswell i7 4770K & i5 4670K Results Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I guess I have an "OK" chip, 4.5 @ 1.32 for now.

wIPvxNp.jpg

Is the burn test acceptable?

IBT is fine, you just need to make it run for longer than 2 minutes and 11 seconds (maybe 10-15 minutes or so). You also need to host your image here instead of imgur.

Bummer. I got kicked off the list.

Just haven't had the time to stress test everything all over again. Plus my Aida64 extreme trial expired. :(

Had to do what I had to do. I still have all the deleted submissions saved, just in case.

You don't have to use AIDA, there are plenty of free stressing programs. You just need to find the free 30 minutes or so :D

Hey Guys and girls,

I've just had shoulder surgery (unabashed plug for pity haha) so have had some spare time to play with my new PC build.

My first PC I've ever built and first time OC'ing to so please forgive any major oversights, I'm open to any constructive criticism that can help.

So, i5 4670k on a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC (non force) with a H220 AIO.

Batch # L314B009

Pretty much have started in the BIOS (F3 as I haven't quite worked up the courage to flash it yet), used the multiplier to go to 45 and set the Voltage to 1.28 (I couldn't get any lower once I was 4.5 and higher) following most of the tips from the Haswell OC guide.

I haven't yet delved into the memory side of things or fine tuning any of the other settings really.

Temps don't look to bad I suppose for a Haswell chip but as I'm new to this, I'm erring on the side of caution.

Ran AIDA64 for 30 minutes, see the screenshot. Let me know if you require anymore info.

Cheers,
BroncosXR8 :thup:

> Form submitted, I wasn't 100% sure on the Memory timings though.
>> Larger image - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=715&pictureid=4212

Screenshot (1).png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good so far; use the memory tab in CPUz to check your RAM speed and timings. When getting around 4.5GHz or higher, I had to keep my cache frequency lower than the CPU frequency and also increase the cache voltage. The cache frequency will be listed as NB frequency in CPUz.

After uploading an attachment, you need to click on the paperclip button to embed the attachment in your post wherever you like. I fixed that for you :thup:

Thanks MattNo5ss,

In my memory tab I see,
DRAM Freq - 798.2MHz
FSB DRAM - 1:6
CL - 11.0
tRCD - 11
tRP - 11
tRAS - 28
tRFC - 128
CR - 1T

With a NB Freq of 3791.3MHz

So I'm guessing my memory timings are 11-11-11-28 1T which is what I submitted with the form.

(All this is at idle)

4500 MHz, 1.296 vCore (that's what it's set to in the BIOS, it jumps to 1.312 in CPU-Z during IBT), LoneWolf121188, L307B156, Maximus VI Gene, Custom water cooling.

I don't know that I trust CoreTemp's readings...the temperature goes all over the place during stress testing. Like 75C to 100C and back down to 65C within 2 seconds. I don't think that's really possible, lol...my water temperature is pretty stable at about 33C +/- 1C or so. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Is there any way to have the voltage change as the turbo multiplier changes, without using adaptive mode? I found Adaptive to be really unstable. Voltage was going all over the place, and it ended up BSODing a lot.

4.5 booted to windows @ 1.25V I'm so excited... Should have a max clock and screen shots in a few hours... Or tomorrow. :D

Last edited:
Thar she blows.
View attachment 131469

4.5 stabilised @ ~1.27 V so a .09V increase for 4.6, 1.36V under load. :bang head
I chose Manual voltage @ 1.344bios over Adaptive for simplicity and I don't fully understand how to use Adaptive voltages yet.
After that test I had my ram set to 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24 1T which didn't pass my tests. (Using IE/paint/notepad while stressing). So I got more work to do on my RAM, maybe 2T would fix it.

Update: Bumped CPU voltage to 1.376, (1.36V bios), and set ram @ 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24 2T. Also 3C cooler ambient temp.
View attachment 131476

Last edited:
46GHZ_zps252dfbb2.png
[/URL]
4.6GHZ stable at 1.25v. Haven't tried any lower vcore yet, just set memory and vcore to x46 and ran with it. Pay no attention the the 100C max CPU temps, my ugh.... water loop was unplugged:screwy: My CPU is running at ~60C. I got a great chip didn't I? Excited to see how far I can push it...

Not bad at all. 4.6GHz is as far as I get get my 4770K, but I'm on air cooling.

When you're maxed out, be sure to fill out the form in the OP to add your results to the database.

Is there any way to tell a batch number with out taking the chip out and I've lost the box thinking it got thrown out on my normally I wouldn't care but my cooler is a pain in the *** to take off and I'd need more Tim

The printing on the CPU IHS and the box are they only ways I know to get the batch number. You don't need the batch number to submit your results, if that's why you're asking.

Hi all first post for me and first OC.
i7 4770k on Asus VI Formula + 2 GTX780DirectCuII Asus. Full WC

I was able to run CPU stress test a 47x on 1.25 with DDR a XMP but 48x ask me to set voltage to 1.3 with DDR on AUTO (1666 I assume)
let's try to reach 5Ghz.
Max temp was 55°c and idle temp is 30°c. (love my WC loop :D)

View attachment 133589

Last edited:
I think your mean i7 4770k.
yes Sorry...

but in fact it is not stable. Aida64 and IntelCpuBurn was OK but gaming and OCCT not at all...BSOD...
so I downgraded it to 4.6GHZ at 1.3v... it sux but this L316B seems to be a bad batch...

Back