• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Intel Haswell i7 4770K & i5 4670K Results Thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
More like 4.5GHz 1.35V is average :p ... I think that those who made good results are mainly sharing on the forums. I saw some 4670/4770K that couldn't run @4.5GHz 1.37V.
My 4670K needed ~1.4V for 4.5GHz. 4770K is making 4.5GHz ~1.325V ... hard to say that I'm happy but I've seen worse.

More like 4.5GHz 1.35V is average :p ... I think that those who made good results are mainly sharing on the forums. I saw some 4670/4770K that couldn't run @4.5GHz 1.37V.
My 4670K needed ~1.4V for 4.5GHz. 4770K is making 4.5GHz ~1.325V ... hard to say that I'm happy but I've seen worse.

It took about 3 months of data collection. That seems to be the number that keeps rolling around in my brain, 4.5Ghz is the average. The 4670K seem to clock almost the same (I say that because I don't think that the number being overclocked is the same, it is much lower).

Voltages seem to vary. The voltage to reach 4.5Ghz is as low at 1.25V and as high as 1.4V. It might be my way of looking at it - the voltages don't seem to have much correlation to the overclocking results. This might be an observation bias on my part.

Anyone seen a database anywhere? I'd be more than happy to collect some more data!:thup::D

I think Hwbot has a thread with this info, and I think one of ours has one in the benchmarking section? This thread.

Hey guys and gals, :welcome:

I am new to this forum and new to the overclocking world. I just built a new system and attempted an overclock and these are my results. Please share your thoughts and suggestions for me as I am very green to all this. Yes feel free to tease all you want, call me a noob. Well I am... :bang head

System:

CPU: i5 4670K
Motherboard: Asus Z87 Sabertooth
Memory: G-Skill Ripjaw x @ 1600
GPU: Asus GTX 760 OC x 2
SSD: Corsair Force GT 120g
Cooling: Corsair H100i
PSU: Corsair HX 850
Case: Haf X 942 Blue

3D Mark score: 9059

My results are as follows:
picture.php

Is this a stable 4.7 and are my temps out of line for where I am at? If you cant see from the pic, max temps on 4 cores are: 81,73,73,66 after 5 minutes of Aida 64 running all tests.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is out of protocol as I am new, be kind.:chair:

Last edited:
Your temps are fine, but there is a rather large 15C spread. Could be caused by uneven pressure and/or just a variance between cores.

A bigger picture would be nice since we can't read anything in it. It looks like you took a picture with a camera; a screenshot would be easier to take and read.

Yes Matt you are right that was a cam photo. Here is a screen shot of 4.7 after 10 mins of Aida64. I use this setting 24/7. I am not sure I want to push it further, but it seems to be a very decent responding chip. Any advice for a bit more tweakage?

And I do wonder about the variance in temps between cores?? I do believe I have even pressure on my cpu....Could it just be the chip?

Thanks in advance and for responding previously!

Cheers.

Dave

picture.php

I did my final running today, at least until I delid, if i do.

4770K @ 4400Mhz - 1.250v.

I attempted 4.5Ghz, but even 1.365v wouldnt make it happy running, and my breaking point was/is 1,350v for daily use.

Just posted validation. Its on imgur but hopefully one of the mods can get this over to local hosting. A happy 4.7 @ 1.265. I can get to 4.8 and 4.9 but its not worth the extra voltage IMO :)

I will get stability at 4.9 just because it seems I have a good chip and need to pave the way. Its gonna require at least 1.36 vCore and some vRIN changes prob close to 2.0!

Last edited:
Just posted validation. Its on imgur but hopefully one of the mods can get this over to local hosting. A happy 4.7 @ 1.265. I can get to 4.8 and 4.9 but its not worth the extra voltage IMO :)

7k9aYU3.png
You can get it to local hosting on your own... :thup:

OCFinsertimages.png

Thanks! New to the forums. I uploaded it locally and edited my post as well! Thanks for the info ;)

Should I worry about the form response I posted? I don't think I can change that, but its the same thing!

Yes Matt you are right that was a cam photo. Here is a screen shot of 4.7 after 10 mins of Aida64. I use this setting 24/7. I am not sure I want to push it further, but it seems to be a very decent responding chip. Any advice for a bit more tweakage?

And I do wonder about the variance in temps between cores?? I do believe I have even pressure on my cpu....Could it just be the chip?

Thanks in advance and for responding previously!

Cheers.

Dave

picture.php

If your CPU cooler is installed correctly, IE pressure and thermal paste, then don't be concerned about that. My chip runs really cool on Core 4 just like yours. Its most likely the terrible stock heat sink and low quality thermal paste used there-in. If you're really ballsy de-lid it and you'll see those temps normalize across cores ;)

My First Overclock

My result: 4600 @ 1.39 VCORE, 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600 / 8-8-8-24 :sly:

This is my first attempt at overclocking that I didn't abandon after the first crash. So, I'm a noob for sure. I'm really open to any and all criticisms.

I'm not sure if I should be pleased with this build or not. The voltage really had to be pumped up way high.:mad: I got an hour of 4600 @ 1.37 VCORE but I didn't take the screenshot so I guess I can't claim it but I do confess to upping my voltage to 1.39 just to make SURE. After all, it did crash.:rain:

What surprised me was sub-80 temps for 1.39 volts using an all in one enclosed water loop. Credit the push-pull configurations?? :shrug:

I was stable on 4.4 at 1.25 volts so an extra .150V to go up 200 MHz seemed steep. Only went forth with it because the temps were lower than I was told to anticipate. Any thoughts on this? Also I wonder why my RAM is showing 1600 (XMP profile 1 for these Corsair Dominators) but the CPUID from AIDA shows 800.

Well I finally made the plunge into the blue. Canadacomputers had some deals like the AsrockZ78 Killer for $100. At this point I've gotten the 4770k up to 4.7 with 1.31v. I'm really not accustomed to this bios, there are so many options that I have to try and wrap my head around. 4.8 would boot and windows would start but BS, I'm at my thermal limit with this ThermalTake AIO I'm using so here's where it stands.
View attachment 136764

View attachment 136765

Nice results everyone :thup:

I just made sure the spreadsheet was up to date, and the results so far...

i7 4770K (12 Samples) - Average Freq is 4575MHz, 68% of overclocks (± a Standard Deviation) is between 4437-4712MHz
i5 4670K (9 Samples) - Average Freq is 4522MHz, 68% of overclocks (± a Standard Deviation) is between 4365-4678MHz

=======
Re-hosting screenshot for iSamoStefan

View attachment 136766

So I am trying to get a frame of reference on low voltage performance.

I'm testing for highest OC using the lowest available voltage of 1.05V in BIOS.

I have disabled HT for this OC since this will be the profile for gaming since most games do not perform better with HT enabled that I have seen except for a few newer games. Also going above even 3Ghz doesn't seem to matter all that much at 1080P or lower resolution.

So far I am at 4.1Ghz using Aida64 using all the CPU stress testing algorithms.

I'm assuming this is pretty amazing compared to some of what I am easing here.

Travis

Last edited:
Now I am testing at [email protected] BIOS
CPU-Z is showing 1.056.

Edit: 4.2 crashed so I'm back to 4.1 for more than 30min.

So far all I have done is set memory to XMP#1 and am adjusting core voltage.

4.5HT 1.2V Aida64 CLU IHS TIM.jpg

Last edited:
Newly acquired i7-4770K
Stable 4.6 with 1.270v - load= 1.288
Congrats on a great chip, Max. Now, is it just me, or does it seem like you have head room on that chip? I'm really interested to find out how it goes if you decided to explore that further, because your chip seems to have both the qualities of good heat dissipation and good stability.

Congrats on a great chip, Max. Now, is it just me, or does it seem like you have head room on that chip? I'm really interested to find out how it goes if you decided to explore that further, because your chip seems to have both the qualities of good heat dissipation and good stability.

Not so sure it's a great one. Member: PolRoger has the best of the all on the results board.
I did play with it a bit but was't too happy with the gain of 100Mhz for higher heat and voltage.
Though, I did ran SuperPI 32M at 5GHz with it.

Last edited:
Back