• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet browser crashes after start up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psittac

I was having this problem with my last computer too. If I open any internet browser right when my pc starts up it crashes after a few seconds.

I don't know if this is an OC issue or a software issue.

On my old pc I returned everything to default and still had the problem.

What OS and what browser are you using?

My old PC was Vista 32-bit home basic and it happened on all browsers (chrome IE and firefox).

This PC is Vista 64-bit Ultimate and I've only had it happen on chrome. It hasn't happened recently, my pc is apparently still updating.

edit: ok cancel that, I just rebooted, came back to check other posts and it crashed.

When it crashes it just closes and I have to reopen.

It's still doing it at stock settings, must be a vista issue. Hopefully I've still got an update waiting that'll fix it.

I think this is a vista issue, it started happening a few months ago on my last pc with vista home basic 32-bit. It continued on my new build with vista ultimate 64-bit

but now that I have windows 7 it doesn't happen anymore

This may have been an add-on issue. Resetting everything to default without add-ons may be the way to test it if it is.

With Firefox, you would create a new profile or use a default profile to test and see. There should me something similar with Microsoft Internet Explorer...

Back