• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Introducing foldable laptops, also known as fancy tablets.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

I mean, I understand the appeal of a foldable smartphone, but why in God's name would you want this applied to a "laptop"?

The same reason you want it applied to a smartphone I guess? No idea.

Neat looking though!

I personally think it's signs that laptops were kind of fading into the background as time went on, and 2-in-1 devices, and now foldables as well, are an attempt to bring them back to the forefront. The further this progresses, the more the line between laptop and really big tablet will be blurred, IMO. It shows that tablets were always an appealing form factor to people who need a mobile computing experience, but they just didn't have the oomph those people may have been looking for. Now they have the best of both worlds, I guess?

Was any mention made in the video of what processors these new gadgets would be sporting?

Not that I saw, would be interested in finding out what exactly they have kicking around in there.

Back