• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is a 350W Forton Aurora powerful enough to run...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX6X

The following system:
Athlon 64 3200+
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
XFX Geforce 6600GT
1GB(512x2) OCZ PC4200
Western Digital 120 GB HD
Western Digital 80 GB HD
Western Digital 160 GB HD
NEC 16x DVD-RW
Winfast TV2000 XP

I plan to oc plenty :cool:

Is a 350W Forton powerful enough?

Sorry, I'm going to have to say no to that one. The Sparkle/Fortron 350w based on the Blue Storm models could do it though - FSP350-60THA or THN. The 400w model or the AX500 would be better options though.

bah. This is what I have in my old computer. The case I also have has a 300W Antec so I doubt that's powerful enough as well. Am I correct on my assumption?

If I were to try to run the system with the current Forton.....what's the worst that could happen?

I doubt the Antec will work. To clarify my earlier post, the Aurora would probably run that system at stock, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on the overclocking. Worst it should do is start sagging on the 12v under heavy load, or shut itself down.

Or take out some major parts of your comp because it can't power it sufficiently. I advise you TO not try to power your system with a PSU that can't run it. Just some advice:)

PEACE

cornbread said:
I used a cheapy from...dare I say, CompUSA once, I pluged it up then noticed a smell immediately, then smoke. So from that moment I decided it was best to spend the little extra on something better, plus they look purty. :D

Give ya a heads up on that one..the 6600 and 6800 GPU's use a s**t ton of energy. I you try and run that proposed system on that 350W PSU...something is gonna go...in a bad way. Never under power your system....unless of course your like a PC S&M freak...lol. Then I guess your pain is your love....lol

Sgt Hump

I will say no to this also...

I installed a forton 400w PSU yesterday...it lasted about 5 mintues before it fried...

Running system in Sig +

6 60mm YS Tech fans
6 80mm Tt2 SF's
1 92mm Tornado
1 160G HDD
1 80G HDD
1 60G SATA
1 Plextor 12x DVD-RW
1 16x/42x/CD-RW-DVD Combo ROM

My 420w Tt lasted close to 3 yrs...and close to 6 months with this new system...not no 5 minutes...

Back