• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is a full tower neccesary for effective water cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are a few examples out there of people water cooling cpu and graphics cards in mini itx cases so water cooling is definitely possible in that case you have selected as it can fit two 360mm radiators in. It will still be tight in places but very doable.

As for the psu I can’t say if it will fit. I couldn’t see any information on the website. The 1600w though is way over kill and if you didn’t already own it no one would recommend for you to buy one that powerful.

It's definitely possible, but I would suggest a WC focused case, especially for your first build. I hope you're planning on a minimum of 6x120mm in rads. Dual or single loop? I find videos like this to be helpful.

You might look at the Corsair Obsidian 500D. There is a build by Jayztwocents on youtube with it https://www.corsair.com/us/en/obsidian-500d-case

Back