• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Amazon actually shipping from the Amazon?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You might have better results complaining to amazon instead of here, honestly with all the effort you've put into trying to convince us that amazon is so terrible.... you could have had the issue resolved with a dozen words to a customer support representative. You are blowing this way out of proportion. Then again some people gotta have something to whine about.

Expecting them (or anyone for that matter) to identify their mistake is naive. That's why they're called mistakes. They aren't aware that they made them. It's up to an outside observer (you in this case) to bring it to their attention. My outside observer, my missus, has no issue with bringing my short-comings to my attention. I afford her the same, graciously, and we help to get 'whatever' done or fixed or improved upon and are both better for it.

I'm a Prime member, have been for years. Never had issues with their shipping, even when it's second party shipping. One return ever and it was as smooth as glass. The videos and music that come with membership are a bonus to me. The overall experience is why they succeed, a better mousetrap.

I recognize my own mistakes all the time. It's not naive to do so. It's forthright and virtuous. It's also not why they are called mistakes. They don't need me to call it to their attention. They are aware, they have software to keep track of it. It would be disingenuous to say they don't know.

Well put about the mousetrap though. I prefer to stay out of traps, those for mice or otherwise.

You paid $100 to get the same service others offer mostly for free. Now you are also more likely to buy their stuff, even if others offer it cheaper or faster. You ARE in their trap now. Don't hate on me because I am still finding cheese while you are stinking in a corner. :) Second mouse to the mousetrap and all....

I'll stick with the vendors who respect my business without charging me a premium for it. No Sams, no CostCo, no Prime. I like my costs to be clear not something I have to create an amortization schedule to figure out. You should do the math though because unless you are an exception to the rule, you are paying more. You can't prove it though and that is what they are banking on, quite literally. Let me ask you this.... If it did save you money and thus not make the company as much money, would they still offer it? I promise, as complicated as the math is, Amazon has done it and they are on the winning side of the equation. That means MOST people are on the loosing side. If you are on the winning side, congrats, but you still look like a dead mouse from where I sit.

You might have better results complaining to amazon instead of here, honestly with all the effort you've put into trying to convince us that amazon is so terrible.... you could have had the issue resolved with a dozen words to a customer support representative. You are blowing this way out of proportion. Then again some people gotta have something to whine about.
You are missing my point by orders of magnitude.

You are 100% right. I could contact amazon and they would likely send me a gift card. Since I don't plan to order from them again though, that isn't all that helpful.

You are wrong that I am trying to convince you that amazon is terrible. I have not tried to do that once. I have been complimentary to them in fact. My statement has always been "They are not right for me."

The discussion has been at a conceptual and moral level not at an actual shipping level. To say I have wasted my time is again missing the point. I enjoy thinking about things at a deeper level, so I have turned something that might be bad into something that has been really good for myself. Being able to be entertained by my brain alone (trapped in thought) is the best gift I was ever given.

You are trying to solve what you perceive as my problem but I have no problem. I have only a situation which I am enjoying discussion over.

What am I blowing out of proportion? My proportion has been precise and measured. Did I overstate a fact and if so, what fact do you feel I have overstated?

What am I whining about? I wanted my product to be sent when I ordered it that was what I thought I paid for. Amazon doesn't do that though. That is what was being discussed. Its not something ANY of us can solve. It's a subtle nuance that I seem to be conveying poorly. I really want to discuss it though because its a nuance I have never heard discussed.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Mr.Smoke, Sir,
Have you checked your other porch? The item might be sitting there since yesterday..
I had that happn before. I live in a 900sqft mansion with 2 porches and cnt always be at the same time in 2 places.

No sir, I have only one porch. It shows it left the sorting facility "out for delivery" today (FedEx).

Last edited by a moderator:
1. YOU asked for that shipping. It doesn't say 'sooner' than those days... it says August 9th to 14th. Expecting them to ship it sooner when you specifically requested 'snail mail' is an expectation not based in reality... they gave you reality and you chose to ignore it substituting it with your own (yay Mythbusters!).
2. We still don't know if Amazon shipped it or 3rd party... your posts earlier are not clear. Related to that is you initially said you canceled the amazon order, but come to find in another thread you only canceled some. Communication hasn't been terribly clear so I do wonder about other things and if it is being read and communicated correctly.
3. Maybe here I can see something, but again, I haven't run into a company which does that unless they are out of stock when they fill the order (see also #2).

Really though, it's on you to make that call if you don't see the status change. Most of your discontent really stems from not knowing their systems and how to work the system (check tracking before you obligate someone's time to sit at your house when you were concerned out of the gate of the arrival...).

Apologies, but I really have little sympathy outside of them missing the shipping window on the one product.... which again, nobody is perfect... the rest, yes, your expectations don't meet with reality for the vast majority of organizations.

#1 - This is what I actually wanted to discuss as the thread unfolded. Why do they let products sit in their warehouse when they have a buyer for them. I understand I picked the slow truck but I didnt pick "let it sit on a shelf". That part was unknown to me. They could have had it to me on the 9th. They lost my part of my business because they delayed so long, I found much more convenient suppliers. Traditionally, a reseller earns money by turning over a warehouse. That means, they get a product in and offer it for sale IMMEDIATLY. They sell an item, they get it out of the warehouse IMMEDIATLY. This allows new products to come into that physical space and the cycle repeats.

#2 - I did answer who was shipping this in a previous post. 1 item is sold by someone else, shipped by amazon (this is the item that has still not been delivered although it had the same promised dates). The other items were sold by amazon and shipped by amazon. Please forgive me for not explaining what I did in full, it was not intentional. I didn't think it was relevant to the ongoing discussion but now it has come back into scope. There were 3 items that I cancelled and 3 items that I left with Amazon. Of those three, two were delivered yesterday by UPS (2 fans) and 1 is still not delivered by FedEx (a monitor).

#3 - Lots of companies do this. Most of the time they are smaller though, where they do actually care about their customers because they have so few, they know them more intimately. Larger companies run by policy though, so some have practices that make corrections like this, some dont. I put it in the "above and beyond" category though, so dont start thinking I am upset that they didnt do it. They lost be at #1 and could regain me at #3.

1. I answered why....... because you asked them to do so. The logistics on how it gets there is largely not relevant (this means sitting on the shelf!). You paid nothing for ''when"... you get it 'when' they can get it to you within the window they provided. They could have had it to you on the 9th, maybe...but again, who knows, or cares, why... they said 9-14th. So you have no right to be upset until the 14th even if it was just sitting on the shelf (the part you don't want to come to terms with). If you wanted faster service, you should have paid for it. Expecting more for nothing is where the train goes off the tracks.

2. As I said, I was confused. Can you link the product that was late so I can take a look at the page, please? You'd think if they are all in the same place that it would have all come on the same truck the same day. The products were likely at different hubs... that still doesn't justify being late, but, hopefully you understand where I am coming from.

3. Mom and pop companies...sure. But it's Amazon. To expect that kind of care from them is an(other) unrealistic expectation.

'Losing you at #1' is where my head explodes in this whole thing and where logic goes out the door. The rest follows that off track thinking.

Anyway, this will never end... so we'll agree to disagree. :)

Speaking of care, I once ordered a 16gb ad card, but instead they sent me 8gb version. I contacted them of the inconvenience and politely asked them to send me correct item. They apologized 20 times(exaggerating), told me to keep 8gb card and they will rush me 16gb version.

Ama..zon? Ama... zing!!:clap:

Speaking of care, I once ordered a 16gb ad card, but instead they sent me 8gb version. I contacted them of the inconvenience and politely asked them to send me correct item. They apologized 20 times(exaggerating), told me to keep 8gb card and they will rush me 16gb version.

Ama..zon? Ama... zing!!:clap:

had a similar thing happen, I bought a 1tb m.2 ssd, received the same brand sata 6gb/s 1tb ssd.... they told me to keep the sata and also shipped me the m.2, so i got 2tb worth of ssd's for the price of one lol.

Perhaps they should have noticed their mistake of having the wrong sticker on my products packaging and sent the right item to me without me having to even mention to them their mistake.
Actually, they should have known their mistake before they even shipped it and went ahead and shipped me both SSD's at the same time to save us both the time and hassle.

They deal with 1.6million shipments per day, color me surprised that a low priority shipping package does not make it out the same day, or that they don't put as much love and care as a mom n pop shop.

Last edited:
I never knew a comment about letting a product sit on a shelf would turn so heated.

I never knew a comment about letting a product sit on a shelf would turn so heated.

It's only being heated because you are being ignorant as to why your package was not neatly boxed up with a kiss, and sent out to you on the same day as you ordered it.

I've had delivery stories from Amazon that go from one end of customer service to the other. Some things were never delivered, some I got two of. Communication with Amazon is definitely the key to a positive outcome, though.

Grr, ordered items 2 days ago amd still nt shipped!:mad: no tracking either! They already professed the payment nd items show in stock! C'mon amazon you cn do better!:bang head

Grr, ordered items 2 days ago amd still nt shipped!:mad: no tracking either! They already professed the payment nd items show in stock! C'mon amazon you cn do better!:bang head

was it shipped and sold by amazon or a third party seller? when was the guaranteed delivery date? are you being sarcastic?

Well, it is supposed to deliver end of next week, but items are in stock and they already took my money. Why cnt they ship right now? I paid 2 days ago.

Back