• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Order from ebay or amazon ? whats your pick ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cnaydmancangt

Im ordering a new monitor for myself, i have a 19" viewsonic vx1962wm ive had since 2008, and while its been a great monitor i want something bigger and better.

Amazon has the Viotek 27 inch monitor i want for $359 with prime shipping i can get it sunday probably monday though. Ebay has it through a 10k + rep 98% seller for $330 free shipping but it will be here by the 1st.. Im very impatient lol, but $30 is a bit of money. My concern is mostly about warranty, and ebay has only a 14 day return policy. I contacted the retailer and they claim 90 days, and 3 dead pixel return although viotek is 1 dead pixel on their 1 year warranty. I sell on ebay and sell alot of car parts. Ebay will always override any retailer warranty. So a retailer can claim 20% restocking fees, and 20 year warranties but ebay will always have the last say.. So this is what worries me, after 14 days i could be told oh well if something happens.. Or they could honor their 90 day exchange but id have to trust that as ebay wouldnt do anything past 14.

Amazon though has 30 days, and amazing gives you return lables and everything, plus free 2 day shipping.

I know im overthinking this but i tend to be that way lol. Who would you buy from ? Ebay or amazon

I order a lot of parts for my r/c cars on ebay and they NEVER make it by the date shown. Being an ebay seller as well I assume it is because there is flexibility on when it can be shipped. All those sellers use USPS which for me has been a 50/50 mix of on time and lost for a day+. Also as you stated returning with Amazon would be much easier especially considering you may get dead pixels. I would go Amazon, from Amazon not some third party seller.

When recently shopping for a 27" monitor I considered offerings from both ebay and Amazon, even looked at monitors at Best Buy so to get an in-person visual of a monitor that would be much larger than my 8+ yr. old 19".

I went with Newegg and bought a ViewSonic VA2759-smh 27" Full HD 1080P IPS .

Being sold and shipped by Newegg, I felt better about having sufficient recourse, should there be a shipping mishap or need for warranty / RMA service later on.

But, to address your original question, I would feel more comfortable buying a monitor on ebay, as I am more familiar with the way they do

business. I've only in recent years been buying on Amazon, mosting sundry, less expensive items, never sold there.

sounds like you may have already ordered but ill give my opinion for those that may come later on.
lol im pretty much the opposite of you Ihrsetrdr! amazon prime hands down. ive had nothing but excellent cs with them. returns ive had with them were absolutely painless and lightspeed. ebay on the otherhand meh... i dont buy big ticket items from them just bits and pieces. @op enjoy the new gear!

Back