• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it worth it upgradeing to a athlon fx from a P4 running at 4gighertz +? read this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNCOOLED

Disabled
Is it worth it upgradeing to a athlon fx from a P4 running at 4gighertz +? read this

My personel review

Ok first off the MSI board is riddled with problems , temps do not read right what so ever. If this board was for overclockers this board would of never shipped because of this.

Compared to my P4C at 4170 mhz i dont see a difference what so ever.
Aquamark3d score was 77k on my p4
Now its just 81k and my athlon fx 55 is overclocked to 3.240 gighertz my ram bandwidth is 7500mb in sandra.

In 3dmark2001se the benchmark will all of sudden stutter and just freeze and then continue going

Never had issues with my IC7 max 3 when overclocked.

I am sorry but unless some can tell me what i am doing wrong in my bios settings then this chip $850 bucks is going back.
i will be glad to take a restocking fee hit

ive tried 10x-14x multis and nothing seems to work
i dont under hypertext but i have options 1-5 and i mostly leave it on 2x
Use the 1T command too for the ram.

I mean i thought AMD was the bomb and i guess i found out that its really not.

And yes i could feel a difference without HT for intel, windows dont open as fast as when i was using the P4 .

I am very dissapointed.From what i heard also all the s939 boards are just riddled with problems and issues.

I am not trying to start a flame war but i am looking for help here

Continued here
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=837492

List out all your BIOS settings, that aqua is lower than what i score at only 2.8GHz.

I had told you before, that Intel would feel better within windows, i know it's not in our heads, cause i agree with you on that one. But as for gaming, you should notice a huge jump with the FX, i get way better frames with my AMD setup. There is a good thread over at XS forums on the MSI board, i had some problems with it myself at first, but they work themselves out. This too was my first AMD system, and tbh, it's not the same as Intel's, you need a lot more tweaking in the BIOS. I wouldn't count it out quite yet. List all your hardware, and all your BIOS settings, and we can take it from there.

Back