• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is jonnyguru.com Down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Waza

Is jonnyguru.com down?
I need to upgrade my PSU and need his reviews :D
For the past 3 days I always get a message " Server not found "
Checking it with downforeveryoneorjustme shows it online.
Maybe it's DNS error or for some stupid reason someone is censoring it.

Its up for me too.

What PSU are you looking into... or what are your needs? We can help on that front!

I am looking something similar to Super Flower LEADEX plattform. Low ripple quality PSU with 850W to 1000W capacity and quiet operation, Fully modular and preferably black sleeving. All higher end SF PSUs and EVGA supernova P2's are out of stock here.
I have planned around 200 euro budget.

No it is definately the platinium version(1000W) of supernova that i'm interested in :p

You said 850 to 1K so I gave the 850W G2 as an example. They have a 1KW G2 as well...The entire G2 line was reviewed VERY highly (read Corsair Axi/Seasonic great).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...010&cm_re=Supernova_G2-_-17-438-010-_-Product

Yes, thank you for your suggestion. To my understanding the G2 units are based on the same leadex plattform too but the platinium ones are little bit newer and little bit improved versions.

There is finally SF units in stock locally and since they are the very same unit and much cheaper I'm better off with those.
I have a Choice to go for 850W gold unit or 1200W plat unit and I think I order the plat one. Leaves room for upgrades and I will hit the magical 50% mark in gaming load and save a few pennies. ( 20 years and I've made my money back )

The rig in your sig won't pull 500W...450W at WORST case... and that would not be a gaming load either. Gaming you would pull around 350-400W. You are dramatically overestimating how much power your system uses. You have a 250W card, and a 140W CPU (at 100% load each). Add 100W for the board/fans/water pump for those at 100% (also overestimating here too). So, yeah.

Yeah 20 years if you are lucky...double that really unless you F@H or something and leave the PC on 24/7. Seems like a huge waste to get a 1.2KW PSU for your system, even with two 290s... huge waste. I wouldn't go more than 900W personally. You will save more money buying a properly sized PSU than you will being 2% off its efficiency rating by running one at 70% load.

Last edited:
Get the 850W G2.
IIRC they usually test to platinum specs anyway.

My sig isn't very accurate anymore.
My system does pull well over 600W from the wall at times and I figure that another 290 would add around 250W to that. 850W PSU would be fine.
I am upgrading my watercooling too with additional pumps and stupid gimmics :D
But yes most of the time I'm around 400W-450W wall pull while I'm just gaming.

At the wall... so if that is a 90% efficient PSU, you are looking at 400W actual pull out of the PSU.

You need to update your signature... I want to know what system you have with a single GPU that pulls 600W from the wall 'at times'.

When i'm rendering something in the background while playing. Playing thief and streaming full HD pulls pretty nice amout of power too..
I am running at 5.1GHz OC on CPUand 1180/1600 on GPU

Gold and Platinum are so close together that in many real world cases at the same power draw there is less than one percent difference in efficiency.

I have a mining rig with three video cards in the other room running a Seasonic 1050W Gold unit. I have a Seasonic 1kW Platinum unit I could put in there instead. Why haven't I done that? Because the Gold unit is actually more efficient at the level of power draw it's actually pulling.

It's not so much about the efficiency. Platinum PSU tend to have little bit higher quality design and components.
One thing about my investment is that I plan to use it for years to come unless something big changes in ATX standard. I have to account in the aging of the PSU aswell.
1200W is definately overkill but 850W is little bit too close to the limit after I get my second pump and possibly another 290 in the system.
I would have gone with 1000W PSU but the only ones in stock were 850W and 1200W.
These superflower PSUs are quite cheap in finland compared to many other brands. 220 euros for SF 1200W or 200 euros and couple months wait for 1000W Supernova.

A pump is what, 20W? And the 290 is 250W.

850W I wouldn't call close, especially considering the general trend of power consumption going DOWN on processors and CPUs..

But, not my money. :)

I invested in a Seasonic X550 a few years ago.. Let me tell you what it happily ran... 290x Lightning overclocked to the moon, 780Ti overclocked to the moon. GTX 690 overclocked. This was all on a heavily overclocked and watercooled 4930K. I didn't 'invest' in a PSU that was WELL over what I needed regardless of 'aging' or future considerations (as I know Im not going multi card). I think I bought that PSU four years or so ago and just gave it to a buddy so I can run a 295x2 and that same overclocked 4930K on a 750W Supernova G2.

It's not so much about the efficiency. Platinum PSU tend to have little bit higher quality design and components.

That is not always correct, especially in the case of the Leadex platform. I haven't seen one yet that was any less fantastic than another, and that's across all efficiencies.

That is not always correct, especially in the case of the Leadex platform. I haven't seen one yet that was any less fantastic than another, and that's across all efficiencies.

From the keyboard of the master himself :thup:

Back