• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my cpu running too hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buffalowings

Registered
So I've been messing around with my overclock settings again
here are the specs:
Phenom II x6 3.7ghz 1.36 volts
8gb ram 1666mhz
gigabyte 990fx ud3 with the most recent bios
750 watt corsair tx pro series
although it's only 23.8c, today was very humid.
i have adequate ventilation in my case, a antec 900
hyper 212+ with duel fans
evga 560 ti gpu

now my question is, is the cpu temperature correct or the core temperature and what should i be referring to when comparing to the limit of 55-62c amd lists.
my core's are usually at 26-40c while my cpu temp hasn't dropped below 40ish ever and hits 60c on hotter days. I have retimmed the cpu multiple times with ceramique and arctic 5 but i have never seen a huge drop in cpu temps. Also, my computer hasn't shut down or BSOD'd because of the temps yet and I have it set to have a warning (or bsdo) in the bios at 60c.

Attachments

• computer.jpg
    computer.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 99
Yes, on the hotter days. You're okay with 40c load temperature though. 60c however is too much.

The max temperature you want to see for the "Core" in-CPU sensor is about 45-50c, as the temperature sensor for Phenom II X6 reads 15c too low.

okay, my cpu temp (not core) stops at around 60c under 100% load. The core temp is around 40c.

Back