• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Is my DVD-R ROM half dead ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just saying that ASUS, in their high end lines (ROG) especially, they make HEAVY modifications to their boards/GPUs. ASUS is a quality brand pretty much from the bottom up.

Not sure... I recall ECS, but again, no clue really. The end product is usually quite solid so, doesnt matter much to me personally. :)

It's so hard to tell if they do. We'll never know. They design lots of stuff and spec it out to companies. Heck Apple, Samsung, Galaxy, Maytag, Ford, NASA, clothes (everyone and everything), all spec stuff out and have a factory build it.

It's all about the design, having great engineers, the choice of using high quality Mosfets, caps, etc etc when they spec the board for the factory to build, and strong factory floor presence and strong QC back at the ASUS engineering facility. If you build 150,000 Mobos and can save $4 on each one by using cheaper caps in the power section, you make more money, all companies try to maximize profits.

Like cheap PSUs, or quality PSUs. Lots of times you get what you pay for.

For example:

We buy knife block cushions made by a secondary supplier for $21 each. They warp and crack. They have a factory make them. The OEM of our equipment sells them at $52 each. They don't make them, they are made a different factory, and the OEM has better specs for their choice factory. They don't warp or break. These two sellers don't make the part. A factory does. They both are the exact same size and look identical. One is made better.

It's so hard to tell if they do. We'll never know. They design lots of stuff and spec it out to companies. Heck Apple, Samsung, Galaxy, Maytag, Ford, NASA, clothes (everyone and everything), all spec stuff out and have a factory build it.

It's all about the design, having great engineers, the choice of using high quality Mosfets, caps, etc etc when they spec the board for the factory to build, and strong factory floor presence and strong QC back at the ASUS engineering facility. If you build 150,000 Mobos and can save $4 on each one by using cheaper caps in the power section, you make more money, all companies try to maximize profits.

Like cheap PSUs, or quality PSUs. Lots of times you get what you pay for.

For example:

We buy knife block cushions made by a secondary supplier for $21 each. They warp and crack. They have a factory make them. The OEM of our equipment sells them at $52 each. They don't make them, they are made a different factory, and the OEM has better specs for their choice factory. They don't warp or break. These two sellers don't make the part. A factory does. They both are the exact same size and look identical. One is made better.

If you put it that way I agree with you and I actually understood what you meant.

I wonder you guys heard of the legendary McLaren F1. Just like you said above McLaren themself don't even build any engine since they don't have the factory for it , they just design the blueprint and gave it to BMW to make the engine. But hell...even till now no BMW car is great as this one....

TBH , I won't say ASUS is a bad brand , it's impossible to for what they did. Specially launching ARES II based on AMD GPU ( >>> AMD FAN HERE <<<
hate me if you would :mad: :thup: )

But if you IMO , ASUS products are rather overprice...not sure about in US....since example Sapphire ( GPU ) , Asrock & Gigabyte and specially MSI now ( Mobo ) is good as ASUS and they are a cheaper solution too :salute:

Sadly Sapphire doesn't produce Sound Cars :( also their Mobo is just way overkilling for an average user / gamers like us.....

Back