• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my Network cable broken?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

Is there a way to test the network cable to see if it is working, cause I had this internet sharing network going on here the last couple of days but all of a sudden the other computer refuses to connect to mine, used to be that this was caused by the firewall but even when turned off it is not connecting.

usually network cables dont break unless you bend them or twist them around too often. its probably something wrong with your network.

I'm getting so tired of this, of networks actually getting owned by them in a weekly bases. I don't even konw what to do anymore, it works one in the afternoon then it doesn't at night.

I'm not using a router, I connected the computers with one crossover cat5 cable and mine shares the internet with the other one.

Spion said:
??? a $20 router? i think your confuseing routers with smart switches.

Staples Netgear
Netgear WL Rtr B 4 Port 802.11b Wireless Router with 4 Ethernet Ports. 11 Mbps speed $9.94 10/10/2004 -
10/16/2004 Price after $35 mail in rebate

CircuitCity.com has a Belkin 802.11g Wireless Router with 4-Port Switch for $19.99 after $50 rebate with Free Shipping.

Just a couple examples.

both are smart switches. i don't mean to **** you off but its the truth. "true" routers cost much more than that. most networkers that are becomeing CCNA certified understand what i'm saying.

and plz, i don't wanna tread jack this guy so if you want and explination you can make a thread about it.

Back